ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa to Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amielou86
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa to Spain

Post by amielou86 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi, me and my partner are planning on going to Lanzarote in September, he is Albanian and has indefiante leave to remain in the UK. He has an appointment at the spanish embassy, he has tried to find out what he needs to take me him but there are several different websites all stating different things, and he can't get hold of anyone at the embassy.

If anyone knows what he needs, or of anyone he can talk to to find out, it would be great. Also we don't want to book the holiday until we know he can defiantly get a visa, but everywhere we have read sayd he needs to provide tickets and details of accomodation, he applied for a schengen visa a few years ago and did not need to provide this information. We aren;t in a position to be able to book the holiday for him to be then turned down a visa.

Any help would be apprecitated!!

Thanks

Amie

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Schengen Visa to Spain

Post by 86ti » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Here the information of the Conulate in London and the Consulate in Manchester

amielou86
Newly Registered

Post by amielou86 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:37 pm

Thank you!!

lexy
Newly Registered

Post by lexy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:24 pm

i found it easy to use a visa agency to take care of all the details

let me add that you shouldn't feel concerned about booking the holiday before getting the visa for the following reasons:

1. you need to have travel insurance to apply for the visa, so if you have to cancel your trip, this will be covered.
2. if you meet the requirements, your visa will be approved. i think i read on here that it's his right to get the visa as long as he meets requirements.

having just applied for a schengen visa to spain (and received it)
this is what i needed:

1. three months bank statements (original posted to my address) with closing balance of £400
2. last three payslips
3. letter on official letterhead confirming employment
4. travel insurance that includes repatriation
5. two passport photos
6. two original completed application forms

hope this helps. don't stress.

deepakmeetme
Newly Registered

Post by deepakmeetme » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:12 am

You need to approach your travel agent once again and get the visa corrected from the embassy. Higly dangerous for you to travel by holding incorrect information in your visa.

amielou86
Newly Registered

Post by amielou86 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi, thanks for the previous help. Just another quick question he was previously married to a british citzen, but split last year, however they are not divorced, will this affect his application for the schengen visa at all?