ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child citizenship Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dec17

Child citizenship Question

Post by Dec17 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

hi,i am asking this question for my brother ....
My brother is holding British citizenship since 2016 and living in UK ,He recently have a baby born in France,my brother and his fiance not legally married but they had the religious wedding last year in Srilanak .My brother's fiance is Srilankan citizen but she is holding the France Permanent Residence and living there more than 5 years.she recently applied for fiance settlement visa and visa granted they intend to marry in march in London ,but baby born before expected date ...they need's to come to UK ASAP.
my questions are ...
1) whether baby is automatically British or he needs to apply for MN1 application in order to take the child to UK ?
2)apply for the BRITISH passport from France?
can any one please help whats the correct procedure is ...Thank you .

secret.simon

Re: Child citizenship Question

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:21 am

If your brother is named as father on the baby's birth certificate AND the date on his naturalisation/registration certificate predates the baby's birth, then the child is a British citizen by descent and can apply directly for a British passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Dec17

Re: Child citizenship Question

Post by Dec17 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks a lot for the replay ...yes my brother’s name on the birth certificate .my brother lives in UK ..where he need’s to apply for his son passport ? In Uk or France ..thanks again .