ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esrsx
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependant

Post by esrsx » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi

My wife is applying for ILR as T1 dependant. I already have ILR granted several months ago.
Now she has all requirements (English, Life in UK test) met and is applying for it.
Documents requested online application are;
- passport
- life in the UK Test pass notification
- consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks
- language test certificate
- Evidence of immigration status
- Declaration signed by applicant confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
- Current Biometric Residence Permit

My questions are;
1. Many people posted about cohabitation. On the application process, it was not really requested. Why do they prepare evidences about cohabitation? Do we have to prepare these?
2. When trying to book appointment at Sopro Steria, service centre near us were not available and only ones Croydon and London(premium lounge) are available. Would you try again later for a centre near us or book at the available ones?

Your help would be appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier1 dependant

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 pm

esrsx wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 pm
Hi

My wife is applying for ILR as T1 dependant. I already have ILR granted several months ago.
Now she has all requirements (English, Life in UK test) met and is applying for it.
Documents requested online application are;
- passport
- life in the UK Test pass notification
- consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks
- language test certificate
- Evidence of immigration status
- Declaration signed by applicant confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
- Current Biometric Residence Permit

My questions are;
1. Many people posted about cohabitation. On the application process, it was not really requested. Why do they prepare evidences about cohabitation? Do we have to prepare these?
2. When trying to book appointment at Sopro Steria, service centre near us were not available and only ones Croydon and London(premium lounge) are available. Would you try again later for a centre near us or book at the available ones?

Your help would be appreciated.
“Eligibility for partners:

Your partner may qualify if all of the following apply:

they have permission to be in the UK as your partner
they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012
your relationship is genuine
you intend to carry on living together
you have enough income to support yourselves and your dependants
you’re not using public funds
They must:

pass the Life in the UK Test
meet the English language requirements”

Cohab docs to prove living together. Guidance should be your first point of reference. Do not soley rely on online form checklist.

2) Try changing the postcode. The system gives 4 closest centres with your postcode. If there is no availability nearby then you might have to wait. or go to other centre. Did you choose the “new service”?

Refer to link for sample example:

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/an-example ... 34487.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

esrsx
Newly Registered

Post by esrsx » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am

Thank you for your help.

Could you direct me to the Guidance containing details of proof of Cohabitation please?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:54 am

esrsx wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am
Thank you for your help.

Could you direct me to the Guidance containing details of proof of Cohabitation please?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.PDF

page 7, 25

“the applicant and PBS migrant must have been living in a relationship similar to
marriage or civil partnership for a period of at least 2 years”
Last edited by CULLINAN on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:56 am