ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me understand this response from HMPO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Please help me understand this response from HMPO

Post by chattokhan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi all,

After 2 weeks since citizenship ceremony, and passport application is "still under examination" despite HMPO appears to have received notification. Today they replied to my email:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the progress of your passport application.

I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Liverpool Passport Office and is currently going through the examination process.

We are aware that you attended your ceremony on 24/01/2019 and correctly completed applications should be processed within 20 working days of your Citizenship Ceremony, however this is a non-guaranteed turnaround time.

Thank you,

Customer Service E-Mail Team

Does it mean HMPO have received confirmation from UKVI or they always know about applicant's ceremony?

I've to travel urgently and unfortunately I've already returned BRP so cannot travel without UK passport. HMPO are not helping at all to explain what's causing the delay.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Please help me understand this response from HMPO

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:12 pm

chattokhan wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Hi all,

After 2 weeks since citizenship ceremony, and passport application is "still under examination" despite HMPO appears to have received notification. Today they replied to my email:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the progress of your passport application.

I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Liverpool Passport Office and is currently going through the examination process.

We are aware that you attended your ceremony on 24/01/2019 and correctly completed applications should be processed within 20 working days of your Citizenship Ceremony, however this is a non-guaranteed turnaround time.

Thank you,

Customer Service E-Mail Team

Does it mean HMPO have received confirmation from UKVI or they always know about applicant's ceremony? Yes - they are saying it in the email.

I've to travel urgently and unfortunately I've already returned BRP so cannot travel without UK passport. HMPO are not helping at all to explain what's causing the delay.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

chattokhan
United Kingdom

Post by chattokhan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Surprising, I've always thought UKVI is the authority on application assessment and examination and once they have given HMPO go ahead they just print the passport. Think I was wrong. They confirmed it 2 days ago over the phone that they are aware about the ceremony.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 am

HMPO is a separate Home Offec agency - UKVI does not process passport applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.