ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fahadii123
United Kingdom

Spouse visa from Pakistan

Post by fahadii123 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:26 am

Hey guys! My wife and I got married in Pakistan in December and we will be starting her application next month but I have a mix of questions that I’d like to ask you..

1. Wife completed her masters from UK in 2017. She has her certificate but lost her transcript. Is a transcript necessary or degree certificate will do for IELTS exemption?

2. I started working on 15th Oct’18 and so my 6th month payslips should be with me on 31st March’19. I only worked for half a month in October but got my first payslip the same month. My question is whether my 6 months payslips will be fine? As I’ve actually worked for 5.5 months in theory. Are they looking at the payslips or the full months that you’ve worked? (I know some of you may suggest to just wait another month to be safe, but every day is a killer and I’d really want her to get here ASAP!) so what is the actual policy?

3. Since my payslips will be with me by 31st march, can I start her application process by mid-march’ish and get an appointment booked for her first week of April? Or should I wait until end of month and only then start the application and booking of appointments?

4. I’m in the process of finding a new place for the two of us but seems like the “non-objection letter” is scaring off the potential landlords. Is this letter mandatory if I’m renting the entire place? Did you guys face such issues with landlords and how did you overcome it?

Thank you!! 🙂

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:32 am

1. UK degree alone is sufficient.

2. You should wait, ideally, till you have 6 months full pay payslips.

3. Date you submit online is the date of application and your supporting documents must be dated up to this date.

4. Find a place and don't ask for the letter immediately. Once you move in and are settled, then speak to your landlord that you are applying for a spouse visa and could he provide a letter etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa from Pakistan

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 pm

fahadii123 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:26 am

4. I’m in the process of finding a new place for the two of us but seems like the “non-objection letter” is scaring off the potential landlords. Is this letter mandatory if I’m renting the entire place? Did you guys face such issues with landlords and how did you overcome it?

Thank you!! 🙂
A lot of landlords/Estate agents are not cooperative for that purpose. So best is to tell your objective at beginning and only then secure the new place.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.