ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rocher

Dependent Route

Post by Rocher » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Dear members i need some clarification regarding my wife's dependent visa.

Am on extension visa valid till jan 2020 and my wife recently got her dependent visa from outside UK which is also valid till same as mine.
Am going to apply my ILR next month on the basis of 5 years route so if i switch to ILR then how my wife would extend her visa after jan 2020???

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Route

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Rocher wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Am on extension visa valid till jan 2020 and my wife recently got her dependent visa from outside UK which is also valid till same as mine.
Am going to apply my ILR next month on the basis of 5 years route so if i switch to ILR then how my wife would extend her visa after jan 2020???
She will apply to extend her PBS Dependant visa
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 pm
Rocher wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

As you said she can apply for her PBS Dependent but that time i won't be on PBS so how she can extend. Sorry its not making an sence to me.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Rocher wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 pm
marcnath wrote:
Rocher wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

As you said she can apply for her PBS Dependent but that time i won't be on PBS so how she can extend. Sorry its not making an sence to me.
Immigration rules specify that if you have received ILR on the basis of PBS, then the dependant continues to be a PBS dependant. That definition is based on how you get your ILR status.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:21 pm
Rocher wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 pm
marcnath wrote:
Rocher wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Immigration rules specify that if you have received ILR on the basis of PBS, then the dependant continues to be a PBS dependant. That definition is based on how you get your ILR status.
Thankyou soo much for the clarification.

Can you please attach a link of above mentioned immigration rules and documents requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.