ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependant of Tier 1/British Citizen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legorn
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependant of Tier 1/British Citizen

Post by legorn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Dear Board,

I got married in 2013 when I was a Tier 1 Visa holder. My wife got a Tier 1 Dependant Visa then. By the time her first visa expired, I had already become a British Citizen, so when she renewed her visa, we used the form for Spouse of a British Citizen.

Now my wife has been living, lawfully, in the UK for 5 years. Can she apply for Settlement now or now she has to wait until she gets 5 years with the Spouse of a British Citizen visa?

Many thanks for your help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Dependant of Tier 1/British Citizen

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:04 pm

It was a mistake that she switched to the spouse route. She could have stayed under PBS dependant route until her ILR, regardless of the fact that you became British. She needs 5 years under FLR(M) spouse route for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

legorn
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for Dependant of Tier 1/British Citizen

Post by legorn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Yes, it was a mistake. We were not aware of that.

Thanks for your prompt response, Zimba.