ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application for Child using new service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Citizenship application for Child using new service

Post by Dzman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi

With the new service UKVCAS being enrolled this month, does anyone know the implications in processing time? Also does this new service allow joint application for BC + passport equivalent to the NDRS + JCAP.

I’m asking this as I am in the process of applying for BC for a child born in the UK and I can use either option now. But ideally the new service as there is no need to travel for me as long as they have an option for joint application

On another note, in the MN1 guidance they ask for a referee who has known the child as part of their profession. The issue I have with this is that it is required to add their personal address, date of birth and passport number which is very personal and the health visitor for my daughter is not prepared to give this kind of information. Would it be possible to use my line manager or a friend (British) as a referee? Or do I have to persist with health visitors and GP until someone accepts to give these personal details?

I would appreciate help on this it’s really urgent

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Citizenship application for Child using new service

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:10 am

Dzman wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:01 pm
Hi

With the new service UKVCAS being enrolled this month, does anyone know the implications in processing time? Also does this new service allow joint application for BC + passport equivalent to the NDRS + JCAP.

No one knows as it just kicks started.

New service has no joint application with the passport.

I’m asking this as I am in the process of applying for BC for a child born in the UK and I can use either option now. But ideally the new service as there is no need to travel for me as long as they have an option for joint application

On another note, in the MN1 guidance they ask for a referee who has known the child as part of their profession. The issue I have with this is that it is required to add their personal address, date of birth and passport number which is very personal and the health visitor for my daughter is not prepared to give this kind of information. Would it be possible to use my line manager or a friend (British) as a referee? Or do I have to persist with health visitors and GP until someone accepts to give these personal details?

Yes you can. As long as two referees together fulfill the requirement. I.e. one in professional body; one adult BC.

I would appreciate help on this it’s really urgent
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Dzman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:35 am

Thank you for your reply Cyclina.

As the new service does not have joint application, do you think it is worth using the NDRS + JCAP service instead of the new one? Is it any quicker to get the passport?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:36 am

The NDRS service will be stopping in the next few weeks and only the new service will be available. Very few councils are taking bookings now.

Note also that once the child is registered as British, you are able to apply for a passport using the one week fast track service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Dzman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks for your reply CR001

I didn’t know about the fast track service for passport. Always worth asking questions here! This helps a lot

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship application Joint application outcome

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,
I have applied citizenship for my son and my wife on Joint application, My wife has received the letter but not mentioned my son name, It was joint application, any one has thought when my son will get citizenship certificate with my wife after ceremony or they will send us separate,
Your experience and thought will be really highly appreciated.

Best regards
amjad leeds