ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application from ISB, Postal enquiry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zayf
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application from ISB, Postal enquiry

Post by zayf » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:08 pm

we have done biometric in ISB for spouse visa and were told that we will have to send visa documents ourself to Sheffield. During the biometric they kept a copy of Apendix 2 vaf 4a form.
Is that a normal process ? I expected them to send documents for us.

Also why would they keep Apendix 2 form ?

Finally a question on how to actually send the documents. Can anyone give an idea on how much would it cost to send and how did you guys managed to get prepaid envelop for them to send us original documents back ?

online quote from Fedex came to around $168. My documents weigh around 1.9 kilos.

would appreciate a quick help. thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa application from ISB, Postal enquiry

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 pm

If your mean from ISB is Islamabad - Pakistan then be known that vfs centre don't keep any form and there is not even need of appendix 2 while enrolling biometrics with them. And for sending the documents to sheffield dont use any private courier because they don't deliver at PO box address rather the UK sponsor should use the royal mail service from uk which is simple, reliable and cheap.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:27 am

Sponsor is in Pakistan as well.

But we do have family in UK that we can send this to and they then can forward. Is that how every one else been doing.

About vfs islamabad keeping appendix 2 form, does that mean they kept form by mistake

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 am

How long is the sponsor in Pakistan for? What’s their purpose for being there?
Typically the sponsor would return to UK and submit all the documents, along with collating all bank statements, salary payslips etc etc.

You’ll need to complete Appendix 2 again as that needs submitting to Sheffield by ‘you’ as part of the whole application.

From UK, simply send documents via Royal Mail Special Delivery, it is tracked and unheard of to go missing. Cost may be £8-£15 depending on weight and also include a prepaid return envelope so documents can be returned to you.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Sponsor would go back with me. Hence we want to send documents from Pakistan. Do people not normally do that?

All the payslips and bank statements are online printed. As he has paperless enabled. Passports copied as well.

We have filled in appendix 2 using computer so have a copy and will print it out.

Three questions.
1. Can we not post documents from Pakistan, if so please suggest a company and how much do they charge. Also how to obtain a prepaid envelop?
2. Does appendix 2 need signing by applicant or sponsor? I can't find where to sign it.
3. Does anything need attesting by solicitor etc? As everything we have is printed online. Like bank statements, payslips, photocopies of passports, ID cards, job contracts etc.

Thx

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm

zayf wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:13 pm
Sponsor would go back with me. Hence we want to send documents from Pakistan. Do people not normally do that?

All the payslips and bank statements are online printed. As he has paperless enabled. Passports copied as well.

We have filled in appendix 2 using computer so have a copy and will print it out.

Three questions.
1. Can we not post documents from Pakistan, if so please suggest a company and how much do they charge. Also how to obtain a prepaid envelop?
2. Does appendix 2 need signing by applicant or sponsor? I can't find where to sign it.
3. Does anything need attesting by solicitor etc? As everything we have is printed online. Like bank statements, payslips, photocopies of passports, ID cards, job contracts etc.

Thx
Online Payslips without employer stamp & online bank statements without bank stamp won't be accepted. And all these need to be dated no older than 28 days from the date of application. As advised earlier that there is no one else other than Royal mail who delivers at PO box addresses and Royal mail only be possible from within UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:06 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm
zayf wrote:

Three questions.

Thx
Online Payslips without employer stamp & online bank statements without bank stamp won't be accepted. And all these need to be dated no older than 28 days from the date of application. As advised earlier that there is no one else other than Royal mail who delivers at PO box addresses and Royal mail only be possible from within UK.
Thanks for the reply.

Any help For point 3? Do we have to sign appendix 2 and computer filled appendix 2 acceptable?

Also do we need attest passport copies or any other copies? Thx

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 pm

If your marriage certificate / nikah nama is not in English that would need translating to English and stamped as a true translation from a solicitor or similar.

Have you also got a letter from sponsor employee confirming their employement details? A contract signed at original employment day is no good.

Appreciate I don’t know your circumstances but you don’t appear to have thought this visa process through.

Visa takes around 3 months unless you paid for priority - which may be under 1 month - quite a while to stay over in Pakistan if you’re employed.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:26 pm

How are you meeting the financial level? Through the Sponsor's earnings or with savings?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 pm

zayf wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:06 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:53 pm
zayf wrote:

Three questions.

Thx
Thanks for the reply.

Any help For point 3? Do we have to sign appendix 2 and computer filled appendix 2 acceptable?

Also do we need attest passport copies or any other copies? Thx
I don't think that appendix 2 requires applicant signature. And in case of British passport the copy should be fine.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 pm

ariamus wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:52 pm
If your marriage certificate / nikah nama is not in English that would need translating to English and stamped as a true translation from a solicitor or similar.

Have you also got a letter from sponsor employee confirming their employement details? A contract signed at original employment day is no good.

Appreciate I don’t know your circumstances but you don’t appear to have thought this visa process through.

Visa takes around 3 months unless you paid for priority - which may be under 1 month - quite a while to stay over in Pakistan if you’re employed.

@ ariamus.
You are right, not been well prepared. I don't have nikah nama translated. Do I need it ? Can a normal solicitor in PK can do that ? not too fussed about employment contract as i am providing that as additional document as i am applying via Category D, savings.
I am using marriage registration certificate, provided by union council, i thought thats enough, Is it not ? :(

@Casa
Meeting the financial through savings.

@seagul
Thanks for quick reply, much appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 pm

zayf wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 pm
ariamus wrote:

@ ariamus.
You are right, not been well prepared. I don't have nikah nama translated. Do I need it ? Can a normal solicitor in PK can do that ? not too fussed about employment contract as i am providing that as additional document as i am applying via Category D, savings.
I am using marriage registration certificate, provided by union council, i thought thats enough, Is it not ? :(

@Casa

@seagul
Via savings you must know that these should at least around £62500 and must be 6 months old with its source of gaining.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 pm
zayf wrote:
ariamus wrote:

@ ariamus.

@Casa

@seagul
Via savings you must know that these should at least around £62500 and must be 6 months old with its source of gaining.
Yeh i know that, sold house and thats how i go the money.

Can you advise on nikah nama, as i am using marriage registration certificate issued by union council. They issue that on that on the basis of original nikah nama. It's in both english and urdu.
OR do i need nikah nama translated as well now :(.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:57 pm

For my wife's visa from Pakistan I included the marriage registration certificate you mention which is in Urdu and English. Because this isn't a marriage certificate, I played it safe and obtained a translation of nikah nama in English which was then attested as a true translation by a solicitor in the local Court, and both original and translation were also sent to Sheffield.

I appreciate they wouldn't issue a registration certificate without a marriage taking place but I'm not sure if this document alone is sufficient, perhaps other members who did this can give their experience.

If courier companies cannot deliver to PO Box addresses per other member's comments, why don't you post them to your family in UK via that courier. Your family can then post them to Sheffield by Royal Mail Special Delivery. They can also pay for postage on a returns envelope (your UK address), which I would suggest is also Special Delivery.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm

zayf wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm
seagul wrote:
zayf wrote:
ariamus wrote:

@seagul

Can you advise on nikah nama, as i am using marriage registration certificate issued by union council. They issue that on that on the basis of original nikah nama. It's in both english and urdu.
Sales proceeds from property doesn't require to be in possession from 6 months.
Marriage registration certificate issued by union council under both versions (English & Urdu) is more than sufficient that doesn't require any further translation or attestation.

zayf
Newly Registered

Post by zayf » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm
zayf wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm
seagul wrote:
zayf wrote:

Sales proceeds from property doesn't require to be in possession from 6 months.
Marriage registration certificate issued by union council under both versions (English & Urdu) is more than sufficient that doesn't require any further translation or attestation.
Very helpful
Thanks alot