ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trips outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Trips outside the UK

Post by naveediiqbal » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi,

I have a few questions to ask, I hope you will kindly advise me on these

Q1

I came in UK in Nov 2007 but left and then came back again in 2010 for a brief period and finally in June 2012. Since last 5 years I did not have any trips outside of UK. I read in another post that someone advised to provide all trips since first came but the online page asked for last 5 years. Can some one guide me on this point?

Extract from online application

Trips outside the UK - I selected No as none in last 5 years.

Have you had any trips outside of the UK? (Required)
You do not need to tell us about trips of 2 days or less. For example, if you leave on Monday and return on Tuesday, this does not count as an absence.

If you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen, provide details about trips from the last 3 years, otherwise provide details from the last 5 years.

Q2 - what do these questions mean, what shall I put in there?

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: Trips outside the UK

Post by vaza » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:16 pm

They specifically ask for last 5 years only.

The relevance for earlier absences may be where a ILR was granted a long time ago and you need to show you haven't been away for more than 2 years in between. However, the application doesn't ask for that. One hopes that HO will ask it for later if relevant. By the sound of it, this doesn't apply to you, though.

You can maybe ask in the thread that mentioned providing all absences.

double2double5
Newly Registered
Tokelau

Post by double2double5 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 pm

It's not very common to have zero trips outside the UK in a 5 year period.

It might be helpful to explicitly state in your cover letter that you have not left the UK in the last 5 years, just to ensure that a stressed case worker assumes you forgot to add the details and delay your application by asking for further information etc.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Thanks guys, sure I will explain that. Agree it was unusual for not leaving UK in five years. Actually it was six years now. :(