ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between applying and extending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RWA1
Pakistan

Re: ILR - should I apply?

Post by RWA1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:17 am

aman90 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:52 am
RWA1 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:44 am
aman90 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:06 pm
RWA1 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:35 pm
1. Think Ill ask them to alter the statement here.

Her Department will continually review arrangements and funding.

About the redeployment they cant say 'should' instead of 'expecting' because that says I will have garunteed employment, and if the UKVI turns around and asks for funding sources, the university might be in a pickle.
Your first letter says ‘hoping’ not ‘expecting’
2. About the tier 2, yes I am thinking about that.
I do have a partner here, and enetrred UK on sept 6, 2009, I think. However, I was on Post Study Work visa soon after, and I dont think you can count that visa towards your ten years.
Thanks for all your help.
Even a visit visa is counted as long as ur here legally, have not spent more than 180 days out of the country.. look it up.
It may not matter coz you won’t have legal stay till sept 6 2019. But it’s an option if you can figure it out
Sorry, didnt get notificatiin for your response. Thanks, appreciate it.
No worries.. good luck with ur visa.
Do look into LR! Ur understanding of psw is incorrect. You could possibly apply for LR in August.
Thank you. I have explored that avenue, and it isnt viable for other reasons.

RWA1
Pakistan

ILR - question about payslips

Post by RWA1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Hello everyone,

So I have a Tier 2 visa which expires on the 14th of April, 2019.

My current contract expires on the 31st of March, 2019.

I have been offered a new contract with another employer for a year with a possibility of extension, depending on grants. Universities offer fixed term contracts.

I have been on a tier 2 visa for the past 5 years 8 months.

I intend to apply for a new Tier 2 visa (for two months) and add a letter stating that I will apply for my ILR as soon as I recieve my Tier 2 visa for 2 months. (Since you can get a tier 2 visa upto 6 years)

1. Do you think this is a viable course of action for Tier 2 route ILR settlement?

2. ILR applications require three months of payslips from an employer. By the time I apply for my ILR, I will have one payslip from my new employer, and ofcourse all of my payslips from my previous employer. Of course Ill submit my p60s, contract.
Would this be okay?

Appreciate thoughts, thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 pm

Change of employer will not be an issue. The letter regarding the foreseeable future is key
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:44 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 pm
Change of employer will not be an issue. The letter regarding the foreseeable future is key
Thanks Zimba, appreciate it.

There seem to be a few people on tgese boards who have academic jobs at the uni witg fixed term contracts ending soon. They were (or at least the ones who came back to the boards to update us) seemed to have recieved their ILR. Have you ckme across situatioms like these where people from universities were rejected?

Thanks

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 am

I'm in the same situation as yours. However, I managed to get the "foreseeable future" added and the end of contract date removed from my letter. Got Director of my school involved 2 years back for the "foreseeable future".

Before getting these two amendments done, the HR tried to convince me that it has never been an issue. I had to get the "foreseeable future" added though as I trust the advice of experts on this forum far more than the HR or even lawyers.

Based on other experiences on the forum, I think you will get an ILR irrespective of contract end date as long as "foreseeable future" is added. It should be possible to push the HR. My university HR has a reputation for being one of the worst in country, but they did give me the "foreseeable future" letter. Yours could too..

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 am

bsc2007 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 am
I'm in the same situation as yours. However, I managed to get the "foreseeable future" added and the end of contract date removed from my letter. Got Director of my school involved 2 years back for the "foreseeable future".

Before getting these two amendments done, the HR tried to convince me that it has never been an issue. I had to get the "foreseeable future" added though as I trust the advice of experts on this forum far more than the HR or even lawyers.

Based on other experiences on the forum, I think you will get an ILR irrespective of contract end date as long as "foreseeable future" is added. It should be possible to push the HR. My university HR has a reputation for being one of the worst in country, but they did give me the "foreseeable future" letter. Yours could too..
Man, it didnt occur to me to approach the Director/VC!

I have two months left now. Do you really think theyll add Forseeable future now? Suppose the home office calls to confirm the funds, then what?

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am

Two months is too close it seems. You mentioned one year contract in same/other university. I think this one should suffice for ILR. With one year of contract left and a possibility of funding, they should be able to add "foreseeable future".

You will need to apply for ILR, not T2G ext if applying with same employer with one year extension and I think it will succeed. I'm not sure if you can apply directly for ILR with new employer.

I applied for ILR in Dec-18 - 27 days before 5 year completion. I secured the "foreseeable future" assurance in 2017. I would have left the job had they denied it. I also requested them a maximum possible contract extension which they have now agreed until Sep-2021. At first, my HR added "foreseeable future" and end of contract in the same line. I asked them to remove the end of contract date - which they did. It really comes down to personal circumstances and dependency.

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 am

bsc2007 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am
Two months is too close it seems. You mentioned one year contract in same/other university. I think this one should suffice for ILR. With one year of contract left and a possibility of funding, they should be able to add "foreseeable future".

You will need to apply for ILR, not T2G ext if applying with same employer with one year extension and I think it will succeed. I'm not sure if you can apply directly for ILR with new employer.

I applied for ILR in Dec-18 - 27 days before 5 year completion. I secured the "foreseeable future" assurance in 2017. I would have left the job had they denied it. I also requested them a maximum possible contract extension which they have now agreed until Sep-2021. At first, my HR added "foreseeable future" and end of contract in the same line. I asked them to remove the end of contract date - which they did. It really comes down to personal circumstances and dependency.
Hi, thanks for your detailed respinse, appreciate the insight.

I am interviewing for another job at the university next week, but it will be in a different SOC code, due to start in April, 2019.

Hyothetically, If offered this job, I would have to apply for new Tier 2, and then ILR. Or do you think I could just apply for an ILR under current SOC code?

Thanks again for the advice. Im a bit annoyed with myself for not approaching someone more senior to my line manager for help earlier.

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 am

RWA1 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 am
bsc2007 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am

Hi, thanks for your detailed respinse, appreciate the insight.

I am interviewing for another job at the university next week, but it will be in a different SOC code, due to start in April, 2019.

Hyothetically, If offered this job, I would have to apply for new Tier 2, and then ILR. Or do you think I could just apply for an ILR under current SOC code?

Thanks again for the advice. Im a bit annoyed with myself for not approaching someone more senior to my line manager for help earlier.

Interviewing for a new job, at the same uni I am in.*

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am

RWA1 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 am

Same employer. New SOC. Already eligible for ILR...

I think it's best if CR001/Zimba/moderators guide you further.

RWA1
Pakistan

Difference between applying and extending

Post by RWA1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 am

Hello everyone,

I want to clarify the difference between extending and applying for a new tier 2 visa based on the following statement

On the visa guidance, it says
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-2-worker

66. If you meet the requirements of the Tier 2 (General) category, you will be granted leave up to 5 years depending on the job start and end dates that the Certificate of Sponsorship shows you are being sponsored to do, with the possibility of extending. However, you will not be able to extend your total stay in this category beyond 6 years.

I have been in the UK on a tier 2 visa since May 30th, 2013. To date, thats five years and 9 months.

I have been offered a new post due to start on the 1st of April, 2019.

I am hoping to apply for a new tier 2 visa with the cover letter that I will apply for my ILR as soon as I get my tier 2. Am using fast track.

This is to say, that it will be a new visa with a new sponsor, not an extension of the older one. Do I qualify for a new tier 2 visa?

Thanks

RWA1
Pakistan

Re: Difference between applying and extending

Post by RWA1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 am

Any thoughts would be appreciated for the last question I posted
Thanks

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Just wanted to update.

Applied today with super priority service at 0900 and got confirmation of ILR by 1439.

Thanks for all your help

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Congrats.. please do share a summary of what you how you went about it for others who could be in ur situation in the future!

RWA1
Pakistan

Post by RWA1 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:29 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm
Congrats.. please do share a summary of what you how you went about it for others who could be in ur situation in the future!
Ha aman, this whole thread is the summary! The last two posts the most significant

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:34 pm

SO you first got ur tier 2 from a new sponsor and then applied for ILR.. or did you vary ur Tier2 to ILR?