ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chat log screenshots

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Exquisit33

Chat log screenshots

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 am

Can you please clarify for spouse Visa do screenshots of WhatsApp chat history needed to be submitted from both the applicant and sponsor?

I have just read on a Facebook forum that someone’s visa was refused because the applicant didn’t submit his version of the chat logs as sponsor did their own version. Apparently the ECO needs to see both versions. Please clarify.

Thank you
Allah is the greatest!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Chat log screenshots

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:36 am

Yes both to prove subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:44 am

Thank you.

Should the message be the same from
Both ends or can they be a mixture? Some he sends and some her of varying times?
Allah is the greatest!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:52 am

You simply need a selection of screenshots over a period between the two of you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:52 am
You simply need a selection of screenshots over a period between the two of you.
I didn't send chat logs of both sides just my side the sponsor
Could this be a major reason for refusal?
Or will they overlook it?
Is it a definite refusal or some overlook it?
As iv sent mine off now :(

CandyLee
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by CandyLee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:51 am

I don't think this would be a definite refusal or a major reason to fail.
Every application is different and every caseworker has their own opinion.
As long as you have submitted all the correct documents and meet the requirements, it shouldn't be a big issue. :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 am
CR001 wrote:
If you are sending the chat logs only from your side then as per common sense it will cover from both. Visa wont be refused based on that reason but your other proofs should be sufficient too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Sorry to butt in... But i agree with Seagul. Unless the screenshots only show one side of the conversation? (E.g. just sponsor messages)

Chats should show messages from both the applicant and the sponsor...

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
If you are sending the chat logs only from your side then as per common sense it will cover from both. Visa wont be refused based on that reason but your other proofs should be sufficient too.
Thank you for making sense. Whatsapp chat will be the same for both sponsor and applicant. Also screenshotting whatsapp chat will not show the date.

You are supposed to the export the chat.
I hate everyone!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:28 pm
seagul wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Thank you for making sense. Whatsapp chat will be the same for both sponsor and applicant. Also screenshotting whatsapp chat will not show the date.

Don't export the chat because it can be edited rather take its screen shots and if you carefully check the whatsapp then on each day the date & day & time does appear at top.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:00 pm
Jav9289 wrote:
seagul wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:

Don't export the chat because it can be edited rather take its screen shots and if you carefully check the whatsapp then on each day the date & day & time does appear at top.
Really? My solicitor didnt say anything about that

Plus you can easily deceive through screenshots i.e have a chat with someone else and then change the name of the person as your spouse :!:
I hate everyone!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 pm
seagul wrote:
Jav9289 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Plus you can easily deceive through screenshots i.e have a chat with someone else and then change the name of the person as your spouse :!:
Search the forum, a lot got success with screenshots. If they will feel any suspicion then might interview both individually.

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 pm
Jav9289 wrote:
seagul wrote:
Jav9289 wrote:

Search the forum, a lot got success with screenshots. If they will feel any suspicion then might interview both individually.
And I personally know people who have had success with just exporting the chat. Plus like I said if there was anything wrong with that then Im sure my Solicitor would have mentioned it.
I hate everyone!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 pm
Jav9289 wrote:
seagul wrote:

And I personally know people who have had success with just exporting the chat. Plus like I said if there was anything wrong with that then Im sure my Solicitor would have mentioned it.
In that case then you go ahead by exporting the chat as per your solicitor saying.

lukus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lukus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Whatsapp chat will be the same for both sponsor and applicant. Also screenshotting whatsapp chat will not show the date.

We used Whatsapp screenshots, and to get the date to appear you simply need to 'scroll' the chat slightly, it will then show at the top and you can screenshot with a date. All our screenshots came from my wife's phone and facebook posts.

We also added comments to our pictures of relationship proof, and we pointed out that the date was shown at the top as provided by Whatsapp when scrolling. I did it this way since anyone can edit a chat log and the fact we have personal messages on there!

Being a phone's screenshot they can see the progressing phone's time and battery in the corner which would be even more complicated to do.

We also tied whatsapp screenshots to other images, i.e. Whatsapp comment of going to a party, then said Facebook post with our photo and friends @ party, with the facebook date

We also provided a link to our facebook (well, my wife's since I dont post) and made her wall public so they could check we didn't docture anything by going to her wall.

Finally, I had them all in a word document and offered to e-mail it so they could check the digital files which (should) have file data matching phone's time in screenshot etc so!

Our application was proccessed in a day from being given to one of their agents to review.

Jav9289
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by Jav9289 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:51 pm

lukus wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm
Jav9289 wrote:
Whatsapp chat will be the same for both sponsor and applicant. Also screenshotting whatsapp chat will not show the date.

We used Whatsapp screenshots, and to get the date to appear you simply need to 'scroll' the chat slightly, it will then show at the top and you can screenshot with a date. All our screenshots came from my wife's phone and facebook posts.

We also added comments to our pictures of relationship proof, and we pointed out that the date was shown at the top as provided by Whatsapp when scrolling. I did it this way since anyone can edit a chat log and the fact we have personal messages on there!

Being a phone's screenshot they can see the progressing phone's time and battery in the corner which would be even more complicated to do.

We also tied whatsapp screenshots to other images, i.e. Whatsapp comment of going to a party, then said Facebook post with our photo and friends @ party, with the facebook date

We also provided a link to our facebook (well, my wife's since I dont post) and made her wall public so they could check we didn't docture anything by going to her wall.

Finally, I had them all in a word document and offered to e-mail it so they could check the digital files which (should) have file data matching phone's time in screenshot etc so!

Our application was proccessed in a day from being given to one of their agents to review.
Good if it works for you but like i said my solicitor didnt say anything against exporting chat and I also asked a different solicitor who didnt say against it either so obviously going to listen to them.
I hate everyone!

arsy20
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by arsy20 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Screenshots would be best. Dont export chat.