ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-(M) Extension - Advice needed on financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

budakhan
Newly Registered

FLR-(M) Extension - Advice needed on financial requirements

Post by budakhan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi,

we're in the process of extending my girlfriends FLR-(M) visa and i've got a question on the financial requirements.

we qualified for the unmarried partner route the first time we applied 2.5yrs ago, i sponsored that application using my salary, since then my girlfriend has got a job here and earns a salary above the financial requirements for the visa.

I work as an engineering contractor through my own limited company so since the original application i reduced my salary to around £8k and take dividends from the company as a shareholder.

My question is, since my girlfriend already meets the financial requirements on here own and the application says we need to meet the finical requirements with both of us combined do i need to submit my financial details on the application? when i did it on the online form (not submitted yet) it was asking for a lot of extra info as i'm below the finical requirements.

as a last resort i can up my salary to the above the financial requirements but it means i'll have a load of personal tax and NI to back pay.

thanks in advance

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: FLR-(M) Extension - Advice needed on financial requirements

Post by ariamus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:07 pm

If your partner, the applicant, can meet the salary threshold from her own employment, there is no need to also show your employment details.

The more simple you make your application details, the less chance of confusion or error by the Home Office.

Has she been meeting that requirement for the last 6 months and can show 6 payslips and bank statements to match those amounts?

budakhan
Newly Registered

Re: FLR-(M) Extension - Advice needed on financial requirements

Post by budakhan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

thanks for the reply

nice one, I was thinking along the same lines but just wanted some confirmation as I couldn't find many similar cases when searching.

yeah she's been working the same job for the past 2years now so payslips and bank statements won't be a problem