ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending relationship evidence photos UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

y2jmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bangladesh Spouse Visa

Post by y2jmocho » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 am

Hi,
I need to some advice. I am a British national and got married in Bangladesh. i wish to bring my wife to UK.
My understanding is all the documents need to be sent to Sheffield. Now my original Nikkah nama is in Bangladesh both Bengali and English version. Does that need to be sent to Sheffield also or that can that be shown in Bangladesh when my wife visits the Sylhet office?

Secondarily what documents does my wide need to bring to Sylhet on her appointment once setup?

I appreciate any support that can be provided.

Thanks
Kamal

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Bangladesh Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:57 am

Usually the applicant takes the print out of online spouse visa form & its passport when enrolling its biometrics at local VFS office and remaining all documents need to be sent to sheffield. But still you should get double confirmed from them. Moreover, few members from Bangladesh shared the fact that the application fee has to pay in cash at the centre.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

y2jmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sending relationship evidence photos UK

Post by y2jmocho » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply on behalf of my wife for a Settlement wife Visa. I have around 90 relationship photos printed from Boots which i want to provide as some of the evidence.

What would be the best way to provide these when sending to Sheffield office? Would it be best to stick a few photos with pritstick on A4 paper or use bluetack or would i be best just send them how they are in their 6"4" photo size?

I don't want to send it in a way which they won't like. Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Sending relationship evidence photos UK

Post by ariamus » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:03 pm

90 photos is a lot! Over what period are your photos? For the purpose of a normal application, about 6-12 would be sufficient to prove you’ve actually met and perhaps to evidence the wedding day also.

You should photocopy them onto A4 paper, maybe 2 photos can fit on one A4. Home Office will be scanning the documents on their system and won’t be happy with scanning 90 photos not A4 size.

y2jmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y2jmocho » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Ok thanks. i have reduced it to around 40 photos and i am able to stick 3 photos per A4 page so it will be around 13 pages in total. Hopefully that will be fine.

These are consisting of marriage, honeymoon, family and day out photos over 2 weeks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:22 pm

y2jmocho wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm
Ok thanks. i have reduced it to around 40 photos and i am able to stick 3 photos per A4 page so it will be around 13 pages in total. Hopefully that will be fine.

These are consisting of marriage, honeymoon, family and day out photos over 2 weeks.
This is still far too many photos over a relatively short period. As has already been advised, the ECO will only want to see a few wedding photos, and a few showing you together after the wedding. Most importantly, you should be submitting evidence of how you have remained in contact during any time apart. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.