ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent to Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saranyanatar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Pbs dependent to tier 2 general

Post by saranyanatar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi all,
I am on PBS dependent visa and my husband is on Tier 2 ICT main applicant. We came to UK on Dec 2014 and our 5 years gets completed on Nov 2019.

It would be great if any of you could help with the below queries.

1) I have found a sponsor who is willing to sponsor tier 2 general. I understand that I have to get it processed from India. Can my husband and kid switch to dependent visa from UK or should it be done along with my application in India?

2) We have planned to switch again in a year to make my husband as tier 2 general main applicant ( his current company has agreed to sponsor in a year) and myself and my kid will become his dependent.
In this case how the cooling off period will be calculated? Should he serve the 12 months in India? Or to serve it does he has to leave UK as tier 2 ict and re enter as tier 2 dependent?

TIA

aja
United Kingdom

Re: Pbs dependent to tier 2 general

Post by aja » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am

1. You will need a Restricted COS , you will need to apply from your home country.
Once your T2 General is approved and you return back to UK before your Husband's and Kids visa expires, they can apply from within uk as T2 Dependents.

2. Your husband needs to be on a Dependent visa for a min of 12 months before he can apply to be a T2 Main applicant.
Note that : Every time you change from T2 General Main applicant to Dependent or vice versa your ILR clock gets reset.

saranyanatar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by saranyanatar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply!

saranyanatar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by saranyanatar » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:57 pm

A follow up question on this.
I have decided to apply for tier 2 general along with my husband and child as dependents in the month of April.
My husband's tier 2 ICT visa and our dependent visas expire in June 2019.
If in case I fail to get my tier 2 general visa approved, what will happen to our ICT visas? Will it get revoked? Or will it be still valid ? Can my husband or all 3 of us return to UK and stay until the end of our ICT visa?
TIA

saranyanatar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Pbs dependent to tier 2 general

Post by saranyanatar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi All
My husband is main tier 2 ICT visa holder and I am his dependent. We have our visa till end of June 2019. We are planning to travel to India by mid of April and I will be applying for Tier 2 general visa along with husband and kid as dependents.

Suppose in case our tier 2 general visa gets rejected, what will happen to our existing visas? Can we travel back for 2 months with the existing visa?

Thanks
Saranya

saranyanatar
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dependent to Tier 2 general

Post by saranyanatar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi all,
My husband holds tier 2 ICT and I am his dependent. We are currently in India to switch from dependent to tier 2 general and my husband and child will become my dependents. But I have got my appointment only on 16th april( priority servi e) and haven't submitted the application for my husband Nd child yet( I have mentioned that we will be travelling together in my visa application). I have two questions.
1. I need to report to work on 29th April. Will be it be okay for me to travel first and my husband Nd child to return at a later date( though I have mentioned that we will be travelling together in visa application)
2. my husband ICT visa is valid till June 2019.so can he and my kid travel back on same visa and switch as my dependents in UK?

Please advise on which will be best to follow.

TIA