ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No invitation letter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

No invitation letter?

Post by arre » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

After over 2.5 months waiting, today received letter from Kent County Council inviting me for Citizenship Ceremony on 7 March 2019.

I have to bring to the Ceremony
- letter from Council
- Home Office Invitation Letter
- photo ID

The only problem is, that I never received any paperwork regarding my application from Home Office.
Have any one of you experienced similar situation?

Bighto678
BANNED
Greece

Re: No invitation letter?

Post by Bighto678 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:48 am

when did you apply ?

arre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arre » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:49 am

20 November 2018

Bighto678
BANNED
Greece

Post by Bighto678 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:59 pm

did u get letter from home office

mtsgill
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mtsgill » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am

arre wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am
After over 2.5 months waiting, today received letter from Kent County Council inviting me for Citizenship Ceremony on 7 March 2019.

- letter from Council
- photo ID

The only problem is, that I never received any paperwork regarding my application from Home Office.
You just need to wait for the Home Office Approval/Invitation Letter. It sometimes arrive before Council Invitation, sometimes on the same day and sometimes few days after. Since your ceremony is in March, just wait for at least 5 working days more to receive the HO letter and if it doesn't arrive you can contact HO Citizenship Support Team at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

arre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arre » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 am

mtsgill wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am
arre wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

- letter from Council
- photo ID

You just need to wait for the Home Office Approval/Invitation Letter. It sometimes arrive before Council Invitation, sometimes on the same day and sometimes few days after. Since your ceremony is in March, just wait for at least 5 working days more to receive the HO letter and if it doesn't arrive you can contact HO Citizenship Support Team at NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Thank you for clarification.

Alien2017
United Kingdom

Post by Alien2017 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 am

Hi, I have been advised by my council to email this address if I don't receive the letter from Home Office. You might want to check with them as well: Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

arre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arre » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 am

I have contacted HO, using both emails provided - thank you.
Got response - my application has been approved on 4 February, and it may take up to 3 weeks for invitation letter to arrive.

Baruwa
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Baruwa » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 pm

I applied for British citizenship on 19/04/2018 and received a letter 27/06/2018 from home office requesting further information to make a decision. I Send all the information and answered the question what they asked. I didn't hear anything from them for while. I received an email on 24/01/2019 stating that they have send me a letter 08/07/2018 that informing my application was approved and contact local register office. However I haven't contacted local office and therefore the register office has Send my certificate back to the home office. But I never received that letter. You can understand how I am hopeless waiting invitation letter every single day. It's been more than 3 months time. They are asking reasons why I didn't contact local office. I emailed and send letter them saying that I didn't receive the letter but I haven received any acknowledgement or replies from home office. I am very stressed and hopeless. I don't know what shoul I do now. If anyone here who has similar experiences or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

mf22

Post by mf22 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:57 pm

arre wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 am
Got response - my application has been approved on 4 February, and it may take up to 3 weeks for invitation letter to arrive.
After how many days you got response from home Office?
I am in the same situation too

arre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by arre » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:09 pm

mf22 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:57 pm
arre wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:06 am
After how many days you got response from home Office?
I am in the same situation too
2 days after, today received approval letter, 5 days in total.