ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on filling Immigration History in Tier1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Query on filling Immigration History in Tier1 application

Post by naveenhi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi All,
I am on HSMP(visa expires 26thJuly) and applying for Tier1 in a week's time.I have couple of queries in the application,which may sound silly but dont want to take any risk.Also, I made a search in this forum but couldnt find answer to my query.
In the application,Section 2(Applicant Details) section and point D-Immigration History, states ---Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering UK?
I am not quite sure whether to select yes or no. I entered into UK as a student 6 yrs before and then onto working holiday visa and then onto HSMP.
In this scenario, do I say Yes or No?
Also, the company I work for have introduced Online Payslips and when I asked for paper payslip, they gave me a paper payslip.However, it states as COPY on the front sheet.Will these still be valid to use for claiming earnings points?
Its appreciated if you could please help me in this regard.
Thanks in advance,
Naveen.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Query on filling Immigration History in Tier1 applicatio

Post by push » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 pm

naveenhi wrote:Hi All,
I am on HSMP(visa expires 26thJuly) and applying for Tier1 in a week's time.I have couple of queries in the application,which may sound silly but dont want to take any risk.Also, I made a search in this forum but couldnt find answer to my query.
In the application,Section 2(Applicant Details) section and point D-Immigration History, states ---Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering UK?
I am not quite sure whether to select yes or no. I entered into UK as a student 6 yrs before and then onto working holiday visa and then onto HSMP.
In this scenario, do I say Yes or No?
YES
Also, the company I work for have introduced Online Payslips and when I asked for paper payslip, they gave me a paper payslip.However, it states as COPY on the front sheet.Will these still be valid to use for claiming earnings points?
Relevant quote from the BIA website:

This page explains the requirements for payslips that you provide to support your application to tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker under the points-based system to work, train or study in the United Kingdom.

Monthly payslips must cover the whole period claimed (if payslips are generated monthly) and each monthly payslip for the period claimed should be provided.

If payslips are on plain paper or you only receive online pay slips, you must get your employer's signature and stamp on a print-out to authenticate the evidence.
this is the link

regards,

push_hsmp

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Thankyou mate...Will post any furthur questions I have...

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi,

For the entry clearance you have to put 'YES' and enter your details of the first visa like, when visa was issued, entry clearance no. etc.
For the payslips, if these are copies I would advise you to get a letter from your employer instead. The letter should clearly mention your claim period, net and gross pay for the whole claim period. Make sure that the net pay amount matches the amount credited to your bank account. By doing so you wouldn't need to produce payslips.

I hope this would be helpful.
Good luck
Imran

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi Imran and push_hsmp,
Thankyou for the suggestions.Am wondering is it ok if I submit my P60 instead of Payslips as I am not sure if my employer gives all the pay details for 12 months on letter head and moreover P60 for this year covers the income from Apr07 till Mar08 and this covers 12 months out of 15 months anyway.
I will also speak to Payroll team in my office to see if can provide letter etc.But if P60 does the work,I need not worry abt other things I guess..
Cheers,
Naveen.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 pm

naveenhi wrote:Hi Imran and push_hsmp,
Thankyou for the suggestions.Am wondering is it ok if I submit my P60 instead of Payslips as I am not sure if my employer gives all the pay details for 12 months on letter head and moreover P60 for this year covers the income from Apr07 till Mar08 and this covers 12 months out of 15 months anyway.
I will also speak to Payroll team in my office to see if can provide letter etc.But if P60 does the work,I need not worry abt other things I guess..
Cheers,
Naveen.
P-60 should do. please have a look at this link
It is essential that earnings are corroborated by more than one source, so you must send at least two of the following as proof of your earnings:

payslips;
personal bank statements;
letter from your employer;
official tax document;
dividend vouchers;
letter from your managing agent or accountant;
invoice explanations or payment summaries;
company or business accounts.
The two types of evidence provided must be from separate sources, for example, when sending documentation showing salaried employment, payslips should not be provided in combination with an employer letter, as these documents are both considered to be from the same source. The separate documents provided must be consistent with, and corroborate one another about, the earnings that you are claiming.

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks mate for your prompt replies.

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi,
One more question(hopefully last)-- Can I show 12 months pay slips and P60 as a combination of previous earnings,leaving Bank Statements?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Yes, you can! Provided the bank statements and the P60 cover the same 12 month income period (April - March).

regards
naveenhi wrote:Hi,
One more question(hopefully last)-- Can I show 12 months pay slips and P60 as a combination of previous earnings,leaving Bank Statements?

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi sushdmehta,
I want to show P60 and Payslips as they cover 12 months out of 15 months period and dont want to include bank statements.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Yes, my friend ...... as long as your 12 month period is exactly what is covered in P60, you are okay with payslips and P60.

regards
naveenhi wrote:Hi sushdmehta,
I want to show P60 and Payslips as they cover 12 months out of 15 months period and dont want to include bank statements.

naveenhi
Newly Registered

Post by naveenhi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Thanks sushdmehta.I was bit confused and wanted to double check.Cheers.