ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lapkapups

Re: Why don't we share the names of our Caseworkers with oth

Post by lapkapups » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 am

TRIBUNAL wrote:Hi everyone, regular reader of this informative forum.Made application on EEA2 form early November 2007, still hasn't heard a word from HO. My suggestion is , why don't we name our various caseworkers on this forum so that we all will be well informed before hand about a lunatic caseworker who doesn't know about Council Directive 2004/38/EC. Like the one that asked Lapkapups to send her husband's passport even though she has earlier sent her husband's national identity card in support of her application. Or the one that asked a gentle guy on another forum to supply his ex-wife's passport/ id card including her current Treaty rights which is not needed if you want to retain your rights following divorce from the EEA national Sponsor. The names can be found on the letter requesting further documents or the letters granting or refusing the application. Come on what do you think? :D
The girl that asked me for the passport in addition to the ID was called Kerry Lawson. I don't know if it's of any help since none of us can choose caseworkers.
However, she wasn't the person who made the decision, the name on the letter enclosed with the endorsed passport is different. I don't remember now but it was a guy. I'll check at home.

TRIBUNAL
Newly Registered

Post by TRIBUNAL » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks lapkapups for your reply, is quite thoughtful of you to still be contributing in this forum given the fact that you have received your residence documents. Well done :!:

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:00 pm

TRIBUNAL wrote:Thanks lapkapups for your reply, is quite thoughtful of you to still be contributing in this forum given the fact that you have received your residence documents. Well done :!:
You are welcome. I've suffered so much with this HO that I'm not indifferent towards what all of you are going through and I really wish we could change it.

The endorsement letter is signed by Daniel Hesami. So I guess the case in reality was allocated twice.

Love-Without-Borders
Newly Registered

Post by Love-Without-Borders » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Still waiting...

By the way Lapkapups, could I ask you which documents you did send together with your application? For EEA2 I did send only a marriage certificate, both passports, wage slips as stated on the application form (you don't have to provide more as needed, if they need it they will request it)

It does not make sense to share the names of the caseworkers, because it really differs. On the letter requesting for the most recent wage slip for my EEA1 application it mentioned a different name than on the one that came together with my passport and registration certificate.

The only thing that is the same is the department:
LNC2 (probably Liverpool National something...)
General Group Managed Migration Directorate

I made a calculation, like if Lapkapups applied on 20 November and I applied on 5 december, and Lapkapups received on the 4/5 June then I would have to receive it 15 days later, BUT probably it doesn't work like that :x

Calling the enquiry line doesn't work. I will probably write thousand letters and send them to the HO in Croydon. Complaint to Solvit and the petition is a good idea, but I couldn't find the online form which is mentioned?

I mean the HO needs to solve this, it can't be like this forever.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:52 am

Love-Without-Borders wrote:Still waiting...

By the way Lapkapups, could I ask you which documents you did send together with your application? For EEA2 I did send only a marriage certificate, both passports, wage slips as stated on the application form (you don't have to provide more as needed, if they need it they will request it)

It does not make sense to share the names of the caseworkers, because it really differs. On the letter requesting for the most recent wage slip for my EEA1 application it mentioned a different name than on the one that came together with my passport and registration certificate.

The only thing that is the same is the department:
LNC2 (probably Liverpool National something...)
General Group Managed Migration Directorate

I made a calculation, like if Lapkapups applied on 20 November and I applied on 5 december, and Lapkapups received on the 4/5 June then I would have to receive it 15 days later, BUT probably it doesn't work like that :x

Calling the enquiry line doesn't work. I will probably write thousand letters and send them to the HO in Croydon. Complaint to Solvit and the petition is a good idea, but I couldn't find the online form which is mentioned?

I mean the HO needs to solve this, it can't be like this forever.
I provided my passport and my husbands ID, marriage certificate and one payslip. Later they asked for a latest payslip, a job letter and my husband's passport. They have not called my husband's employer to check.

If you put SOLVIT in Google it will give you the webpage. I think it's easier to call them than email them as when you call you get instant reply. The only thing, you need to call the SOLVIT branch of the country where you are from. They provide all the details on their website.

Love-Without-Borders
Newly Registered

6 months and 6 days later!!!!! Wuhuuuuu!!! YES

Post by Love-Without-Borders » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 pm

A story of a Dutch / Turkish in the Netherlands falling in love and marrying to a Turkish in Turkey.

It has been a while we are married now. Almost two whole years gosh!
Thanks to the strict immigration rules coming into force thenadays in whole Europe, first probably the Netherlands, we were seperated.
She needed to learn Dutch in a little village somewhere in Turkey where the most nearby Dutch language course was 400-500 km away. It's Dutch, not English :)

I was fed up with the Netherlands and decided to move to London. We applied for an EEA Family Permit for her in Turkey, she received it quit quickly and very easy (no language tests at that moment). We travelled together to the UK and started a new life here in London. We applied for an EEA1 (just a formality thing for me) and EEA2 (residence card for her).

We waited and waited and didn't hear anything!! They made us crazy. We didn't want to think about it, but you can't stop it. It affects your life.

Today I received a phone call at work from my wife. She was so enthousiastic and started to cry. It has been a difficult time for both of us, but finally we've got it: the RESIDENCE CARD! AFTER 6 MONTHS and 6 DAYS!

I still need to see it with my own eyes, but I am so happy. Now, we can carry on with our lifes. I was planning to send her to a college to learn English (ESOL-courses), now I can. Free english courses are hard to find unfortunately. So, I am playing the teacher for a while.

May God Help Us All and best luck to all of us.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: 6 months and 6 days later!!!!! Wuhuuuuu!!! YES

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Love-Without-Borders wrote:A story of a Dutch / Turkish in the Netherlands falling in love and marrying to a Turkish in Turkey.

Thanks to the strict immigration rules coming into force thenadays in whole Europe, first probably the Netherlands, we were seperated.
She needed to learn Dutch in a little village somewhere in Turkey where the most nearby Dutch language course was 400-500 km away. It's Dutch, not English :)

I was fed up with the Netherlands and decided to move to London. We applied for an EEA Family Permit for her in Turkey, she received it quit quickly and very easy (no language tests at that moment). We travelled together to the UK and started a new life here in London. We applied for an EEA1 (just a formality thing for me) and EEA2 (residence card for her).

We waited and waited and didn't hear anything!! They made us crazy. We didn't want to think about it, but you can't stop it. It affects your life.

Today I received a phone call at work from my wife. She was so enthousiastic and started to cry. It has been a difficult time for both of us, but finally we've got it: the RESIDENCE CARD! AFTER 6 MONTHS and 6 DAYS!

I still need to see it with my own eyes, but I am so happy. Now, we can carry on with our lifes. I was planning to send her to a college to learn English (ESOL-courses), now I can. Free english courses are hard to find unfortunately. So, I am playing the teacher for a while.

All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!! I almost teared up reading your post like I was a direct beneficiary. Truly happy for you both. Let the summer holidays commence!

As for the rest of us, there is hope and on this we must depend.

Cheers and peace to all.

TRIBUNAL
Newly Registered

Post by TRIBUNAL » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Love-Without-Borders wrote:A story of a Dutch / Turkish in the Netherlands falling in love and marrying to a Turkish in Turkey.

What an emotional ending. I am so happy for you. One thing though, do not 4get us. Visit this furum as often as you can cos your invaluable opinion is still needed just as our very own lady Lapkapups :D Best of luck for the future.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm so glad for you! You must be feeling same I did when I finally got this card! Congratulations! :D

Love is stronger than anything, I agree. We've been married only since October but we've been together for over two years and now we too can carry on with out lives as well. Even if they had refused the card - not big deal - we'd have moved to Spain - the main thing is to stay together! It was just intolerable to wait without knowing what was going to happen.

I am really glad for you. And I hope everyone in this forum will receive their cards soon as well - we all deserve it!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm so glad for you! You must be feeling same I did when I finally got this card! Congratulations! :D

Love is stronger than anything, I agree. We've been married only since October but we've been together for over two years and now we too can carry on with out lives as well. Even if they had refused the card - not big deal - we'd have moved to Spain - the main thing is to stay together! It was just intolerable to wait without knowing what was going to happen.

I am really glad for you. And I hope everyone in this forum will receive their cards soon as well - we all deserve it!
I'm with you :D

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello all, this is slightly off topic but very relevant if you want to save some quids! I just got some valuable info: If you are a frequent caller of 0845, 0870, 0844 numbers and are feeling the pinch (especially those of us constantly calling the HO ;) ) then, SAY NO TO 0870 NUMBERS www.saynoto0870.com/search.php converts such numbers to UK landline alternatives which are much cheaper! So for instance for the HO number - 0870 606 7766 = 0207 035 4848

Please spread the word around.

Cheers

Love-Without-Borders
Newly Registered

Post by Love-Without-Borders » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks all of you. I will keep visiting this forum (even if it not every day)as it is not over yet. Not for me, not for all of us. These kind of forums are very helpful for people who are dealing with these kind of situations. We should always help each other.

I am still of the opinion that whe need to seek it higher. The petition to the EU mentioned by somebody in this thread is a good idea. They need to know about this situation.

Good luck to all of us.

By the way. Just to let you know. I want to go to holiday with my wife to the Netherlands and probably also Turkey. As I know and heard only a residence card isn't enough to go to the Netherlands (UK is not Schengen). So a lot of people were getting a visa from for example the Dutch Consulate here in the UK. They have now changed it (at least for the Netherland). People who have a residence card (and a family permit is also ok I think) can travel with the EU National to the Netherlands without a visa.

The only issue I can think about is when we travel with our family by car from the Netherlands to Turkey. We are thinking about it. To go to the Netherlands is easy, but what about countries like Bulgaria, crossing to Turkey, crossing back from TR to Bulgaria? A residence card of the UK should be enough I would say, together with a wedding certificate etc.

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi everybody, finally I got my passport back.
If you have waited for your residence card for more than 6 months, call the manchester complaint department, the tel no. of which is 0161 261 1117. If you cant get through, try a few more times, the easiest time for me to get through this line is between 12.00-2.00. Try to bother them as much as possible, and they will chase it up for you at the end. Good luck to everyone!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:17 pm

mimiki wrote:Hi everybody, finally I got my passport back.
If you have waited for your residence card for more than 6 months, call the manchester complaint department, the tel no. of which is 0161 261 1117. If you cant get through, try a few more times, the easiest time for me to get through this line is between 12.00-2.00. Try to bother them as much as possible, and they will chase it up for you at the end. Good luck to everyone!

Well the good news just keeps getting better! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

When was it you applied again?

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:22 pm

when did you apply and please if you dont mind how long did it take ??
did they ask any addistional documents ??

Congrats to you...

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Plum70 wrote:

Well the good news just keeps getting better! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

When was it you applied again?
I applied in last november.

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm

cutepearl wrote:
when did you apply and please if you dont mind how long did it take ??
did they ask any addistional documents ??

Congrats to you...
I was not asked to provide additional docs, just two passports, wedding certificate, my husband`s pay slip and a letter from his company.

Love-Without-Borders
Newly Registered

Post by Love-Without-Borders » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi Mimiki,

Congratulations! Finally, you've received it too.

It seems like the HO is catching up on processing all the applications.

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Love-Without-Borders wrote:Hi Mimiki,

Congratulations! Finally, you've received it too.

It seems like the HO is catching up on processing all the applications.
Thank you, love without borders. So I strongly recommend those who havent received the card after 6 months to call the manchester complaint department, to haunt them down. By the way, it is useless to complaint to UK Solvit, they dont know what`s going on around them at all.

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:19 am

I have received my residence card on friday.The summary is,

I applied for it on 13 october 2007.Mean time I wrote 2 complaint letters to home office.I put my complaint to solvit as well.Then I received a letter from home office regrading my complaint,it was written that my application was decided on 13 May 2008, But I received my documents after 1 month(13 june 2008).Last wednesday,solvit contacted with me about my documents,I was told my passport would be retuned shortly.

so I took 8 months to get my documents back.

Plum70
Diamond Member

A joint petition to European Parliament

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:14 pm

copper wrote:I have received my residence card on friday.The summary is,

I applied for it on 13 october 2007.Mean time I wrote 2 complaint letters to home office.I put my complaint to solvit as well.Then I received a letter from home office regrading my complaint,it was written that my application was decided on 13 May 2008, But I received my documents after 1 month(13 june 2008).Last wednesday,solvit contacted with me about my documents,I was told my passport would be retuned shortly.

It is when reading such posts that I get even more fired up to challenge this decaying system. Just to let you all know that I and a few others are working on a joint petition to European Parliament and are gathering as much relevant evidence and signatures as possible.

Will any of you be willing to give valid evidence (regarding the misapplication of EU community law and maladministration practices by the HO) to support this petition and sign it as well? If you want more info (as I am sure you will) please see the forum I have been leading: http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=70485

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

lapkapups

Re: A joint petition to European Parliament

Post by lapkapups » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Plum70 wrote:

It is when reading such posts that I get even more fired up to challenge this decaying system. Just to let you all know that I and a few others are working on a joint petition to European Parliament and are gathering as much relevant evidence and signatures as possible.

Will any of you be willing to give valid evidence (regarding the misapplication of EU community law and maladministration practices by the HO) to support this petition and sign it as well? If you want more info (as I am sure you will) please see the forum I have been leading: http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... opic=70485

Thanks in advance
If you let us know what evidence you need and I have it I will be happy to supply. To sign the petition too! :)

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:52 pm

Plum70 wrote:

Thanks in advance
Plum, I and my husband support you hundred percent!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:55 pm

That's great lapkapups and mimiki. Thanks for your support!

What we need is:

1. Evidence of a delayed COA (issued in a few weeks instead of 'immediately' as stated in law)

2. Evidence that the application of a residence card was processed over the 6 month limit. We particularly need documents that show dates of application and dates residence card was processed/received. (I know that for both of you it was well over 6 months. This would be a sure winner for the petition)

I will be submitting my certificate of application as evidence (issued after two weeks).

We are aiming to submit compelling evidence along with the petition that shows the blatant disregard for the EU regulations and rights of EU nationals and their spouses. In the next week or two we will be inviting individuals to peruse the petition and post their comments. Once a final draft has been agreed on, we will then begin the signing.

I look forward to hearing from you.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:16 am

Plum70 wrote:

That's great lapkapups and mimiki. Thanks for your support!

What we need is:

1. Evidence of a delayed COA (issued in a few weeks instead of 'immediately' as stated in law)

2. Evidence that the application of a residence card was processed over the 6 month limit. We particularly need documents that show dates of application and dates residence card was processed/received. (I know that for both of you it was well over 6 months. This would be a sure winner for the petition)

I will be submitting my certificate of application as evidence (issued after two weeks).

We are aiming to submit compelling evidence along with the petition that shows the blatant disregard for the EU regulations and rights of EU nationals and their spouses. In the next week or two we will be inviting individuals to peruse the petition and post their comments. Once a final draft has been agreed on, we will then begin the signing.

I look forward to hearing from you.
I can give COA issued on 3rd December (I applied 20th Nov) and letter enclosed with the endorsed passport which was issued on 28th May. It's not too long a time after the deadline and I don't have any proofs I received the documents back only 4th June. Will this do? How do we submit docs?