ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application under Long Term Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

byteb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application under Long Term Residence

Post by byteb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi there,

I hold a Tier 2 visa (which expires in 2020) and I recently applied for ILR under the Long Term Residence after being in the UK for 10 years and 5 months. I just received my answer to my application which was submitted under (Super Priority Service) and it states as follows:

"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service."

I'm a bit concerned about the terminology used here especially by "application for leave has now been granted". There is no mention of Indefinite Leave to Remain. By "leave" do they by default refer to Indefinite Leave to Remain or is this just an extension.

Your help is appreciated.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application under Long Term Residence

Post by wahi66 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 am

Hello

Yes ofcourse it means indefinite leave to remain ILR.
If you applied for ILR then the letter must be referred to the application in question.
why would they give you a extension leave when you never applied one :idea:
so chill and just relax
:D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 am

wahi66 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 am
Hello

Yes ofcourse it means indefinite leave to remain ILR.
If you applied for ILR then the letter must be referred to the application in question.
why would they give you a extension leave when you never applied one :idea:
so chill and just relax
:D
As posted many times by members, when ILR requirements are not met, they are offered Limited Leave to Remain for 30 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

victorzoneb
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by victorzoneb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:22 am

Hey would you mind sharing the outcome after this email. I got exactly the same email. Thanks so much.
byteb wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm
Hi there,

I hold a Tier 2 visa (which expires in 2020) and I recently applied for ILR under the Long Term Residence after being in the UK for 10 years and 5 months. I just received my answer to my application which was submitted under (Super Priority Service) and it states as follows:

"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service."

I'm a bit concerned about the terminology used here especially by "application for leave has now been granted". There is no mention of Indefinite Leave to Remain. By "leave" do they by default refer to Indefinite Leave to Remain or is this just an extension.

Your help is appreciated.