ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does HSMP VISA holder are valid to pursue part time MBA-UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhirajhotjat
Newly Registered

Does HSMP VISA holder are valid to pursue part time MBA-UK?

Post by dhirajhotjat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi, aLL

I hope all are doing great.

I have a small query . I & my wife had applied for HSMP , Both of us have got the VISA.Does my wifeis eligible to pursue part time MBA. She is having 4 years of experience as Senior engineer Marketing.

For an HSMP holder does Job in UK should first be finalised and then they are valid to apply for part time MBA? Or will without a job offer directly HSMP holder are valid for MBA- Part time?

All gurus Kindly help & advice

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Does my wifeis eligible to pursue part time MBA.
Not sure about the dependents but some of my friends who are working in London on HSMP are doing part time courses too. Will find out from them.
For an HSMP holder does Job in UK should first be finalised and then they are valid to apply for part time MBA?
will depend on the course/institution. However, there should be no issues with someone without a job applying for a part time MBA.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:35 pm

The duration of a part-time / executive MBA program will be at least 2 years (if not more). Given that the session starts in September / October, your HSMP extension will be due before the program finishes. If the institution can accept your wife on this condition - that her current leave to enter/remain will expire before the program ends - don't see a problem, as the HSMP scheme does not restrict one (main applicant or dependent) from enrolling into an educational program. Whether one can enroll for a part-time course without a job is something that you will have to find out from the institution(s). The eligibility criteria vary.

The full-time MBA programme in UK are usually 1 year long, so you could consider that option - if feasible. This way, the concern reagrding extension is taken care of, but then your wife will have to postpone her career options until she finishes the course. But then, employment prospects would be better too.

Some institutions have different fees for international students and local students, and some do not differentiate (depends on the institution). But bear in mind that, if there is a difference, you will have to pay the higher fees (as international student).

regards