ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question: Free review or paid appeal?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky123

Question: Free review or paid appeal?

Post by lucky123 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:43 pm

I would like to hear members opinion. Should one go for free review or pay. Why i ask this is that it may seem like they do not look at the free reviews at all since they are free and only consider paid ones. So has any one got reviewed free and got HSMP or its better to go for new application all together even if it costs money! We are trying to get to a captalist country you know.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:53 am

Capitalism has nothing to do with this - and it is the reason we want to live in this country.

My review request was reviewed and granted - I didn't pay any review fees, in fact there were no review fees back in spring 2004 when I applied.

Obviously hiring a qualified immigration advisor may be helpful.

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:25 am

hsmphopeful wrote:Capitalism has nothing to do with this - and it is the reason we want to live in this country.

My review request was reviewed and granted - I didn't pay any review fees, in fact there were no review fees back in spring 2004 when I applied.

Obviously hiring a qualified immigration advisor may be helpful.
Was just corncerned that they may not be looking at free reviews since no one i knew has had his/her HSMP reviewed free

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Question: Free review or paid appeal?

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:57 pm

lucky123 wrote:I would like to hear members opinion. Should one go for free review or pay. Why i ask this is that it may seem like they do not look at the free reviews at all since they are free and only consider paid ones. So has any one got reviewed free and got HSMP or its better to go for new application all together even if it costs money! We are trying to get to a captalist country you know.
The problem with Free reviews is that you cannot submit any additional evidence. so all the the 'reviewer has to do is to look at the supporting evidence submit earlier and then verify that his colleague was fair in denying you the points. i think the only time you can be successful in a free review is when the caseworker made a genuine mistake e.g calculating your earnings in the wrong band, or miscalculating the numbers of years for your experience.