ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 initial application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssg0
Newly Registered

Tier 1 initial application

Post by ssg0 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK on work permit. My family (spouse and child) are living with me in the UK as dependents.

I now intend to apply for the Tier 1 (General) program. I had a few questions regarding my application.

1. Is it mandatory for me to apply for my wife and child as dependents when I make the initial application for myself?

We are not applying for my wife and child initially because we are not able to show the minimum amount as maintenance funds in one bank account. This is also my second question.

2. Can I show maintenance funds as minimum amounts in multiple bank accounts instead of just one?

3. If I can apply only for myself initially and then for my wife and child in 2-3 months' time what will be their status if and when I an granted T1?

4. Do my wife and child have to leave the UK if and when I am granted T1? Or can they stay on in the UK till their applications are submitted in 2-3 months?

Any clarification on the above is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
SG

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 initial application

Post by push » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 pm

1. Is it mandatory for me to apply for my wife and child as dependents when I make the initial application for myself?
No
2. Can I show maintenance funds as minimum amounts in multiple bank accounts instead of just one?
Yes very much
3. If I can apply only for myself initially and then for my wife and child in 2-3 months' time what will be their status if and when I an granted T1?
they would be living in UK illegally.
4. Do my wife and child have to leave the UK if and when I am granted T1? Or can they stay on in the UK till their applications are submitted in 2-3 months?
they need to leave otherwise it would have implications on their FLR & ILR application

Kind regards,

push_hsmp

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 initial application

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:14 pm

As already suggested, it is not madatory. But why not wait until such time that you have enough balance in your account to meet the maintenance fund requirements for the family?? I suggest so because if you submit dependent applications along with your own T1 application, you will not have to pay for dependent applications. But if you apply for them later, then you will have to pay for those applications.
If you are already in UK wrote:Any dependant applications sent with your form are free of charge. We will not consider dependant applications sent separately or later without an extra fee of £395.
Since you are on WP and your family is here as your dependents, they can switch to Tier 1 dependent category without having to leave the UK. Please see here. As per info. on website and the dependent policy guidance, BIA recommends (or encourages you) that you make a dependent application along with your Tier 1 application, but doesn't mandate that it *must* be done so. Therefore, I tend to believe that you should be able to make a dependent application at a later date and without them having to leave UK. Could be that there is a time-limit within which your dependents would have to apply?? Suggest that you cross-check on this issue with BIA.

Well, it depends on your personal circumstances, but submitting dependent applications alongwith your own Tier 1 application seems to be the most peaceful option for you.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Since you are on WP and your family is here as your dependents, they can switch to Tier 1 dependent category without having to leave the UK. Please see here. As per info. on website and the dependent policy guidance, BIA recommends (or encourages you) that you make a dependent application along with your Tier 1 application, but doesn't mandate that it *must* be done so. Therefore, I tend to believe that you should be able to make a dependent application at a later date and without them having to leave UK. Could be that there is a time-limit within which your dependents would have to apply?? Suggest that you cross-check on this issue with BIA.

Thats right, but my point was, the moment the main applicant gets tier-1 (and as he has not applied for his dependents to switch into tier-1 at the same time) they will not enjoy the status of dependents of a WP holder/ Tier-1 holder. As suggested the best way for him is to apply along with the dependents. Otherwise he needs to send back his dependents to his home country.

regards,

psuh_hsmp

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 am

Hmmm... interesting.

Then why does BIA say that the dependents can apply later by paying 395 quids ??? The option of applying later should not be there at all ..... once main applicant changes visa status and dependents do not apply at the same time, they (dependents) lose their rights as dependents (so illegal to stay in UK) and must return to home country make a fresh EC application. Right ?? So why have this form ... or at least the option of paying 395 quids on the form ... all forms should have only "fees exempt" option.

Don't mean to contradict you, though I know I have done exactly that :cry: :cry: .

No offence, just that I still fail to understand the logic of giving the option to dependents to apply later if it is certain that depndents lose their "existing rights" the moment main applicant changes visa status?? :roll: I think I better go off to sleep.

:lol:
regards
push_hsmp wrote:Thats right, but my point was, the moment the main applicant gets tier-1 (and as he has not applied for his dependents to switch into tier-1 at the same time) they will not enjoy the status of dependents of a WP holder/ Tier-1 holder. As suggested the best way for him is to apply along with the dependents. Otherwise he needs to send back his dependents to his home country.

ssg0
Newly Registered

Post by ssg0 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 am

Righly said. Myself and my wife were discussing exactly that.

But as history has it logic is something that has always eluded people at the helm !

As per my situation, I do not want to wait for a period till I have sufficient balance in just one account because in some probability my contract is due to expire in the next 2 months. In such case I may have to return back to India and initiate the process from there.

But as was confirmed earlier in this thread since I can show sufficient funds in two bank accounts put together I will go ahead and apply for myself along with my family. I also confirmed this through email from the contact centre of the UK Border Agency.

Quote - "Provided you have the correct amount of funds, then it can be in more than one account."

Also while we are at it - can someone also confirm that for applications made till June 29th we are required to show funds for only one month and not 3 months.

Many thanks to all

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 am

Also while we are at it - can someone also confirm that for applications made till June 29th we are required to show funds for only one month and not 3 months.
4th Paragraph in following link. Above is only true for applicants in UK
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

nadiakhanus
Newly Registered

very urgent looking for tier 1 (dependent )application form

Post by nadiakhanus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi,

My husband is applying for his tier 1 application and we were looking for tier 1 dependent application form but we didn't find it. Would any one can tell us where we can find this form we have searched the home office site of uk but we couldn't find it .please please send me reply if you know where this form is i will be very thakfu.

thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: very urgent looking for tier 1 (dependent )application f

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:09 pm

nadiakhanus wrote:Hi,

My husband is applying for his tier 1 application and we were looking for tier 1 dependent application form but we didn't find it. Would any one can tell us where we can find this form we have searched the home office site of uk but we couldn't find it .please please send me reply if you know where this form is i will be very thakfu.

thanks.
See Visa application forms and Where to apply

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!