ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Parents visit visa

Post by vpruk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 am

Hi all members

i hope it is ok to post my questions.

i am in the same situation to bring my parents for a short stay. The main reason being my wife is pregnant ant to support her during delivery. Is it good to mention that or NO as few others said they may reject if it is for pregnancy.

Also is it mandatory to translate the property document- as the previous member said ''cant we keep the original property document in own language with advocate notarization affidavit''

thanks
vpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents visit visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:07 am

i hope it is ok to post my questions.
Nope, please do not tag your questions onto other members topic. You should be well aware of this by now. Post split to its own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srsw

Post by srsw » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am

Not aware why you can't declare that you want to invite them to support during pregnancy. I've invited my parents for the same reason sometime back.

It's more genuine to get support around that time and also grandparents get to see their newborn grandchild. It's a good reason to visit in fact (my opinion).

You need to make sure they have good ties with home country and reasons to go back as previously mentioned by senior members.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

vpruk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vpruk » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks SRSW

regarding home property documents, is it mandatory to translate or can we get notary public advocate written sign confirm the same and keep along with the orginal language copy please

also if i mention only 6-8 weeks stay, would the home office only give for that time periods or it will be for 6 months time.