ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi all,
Here is bad news from my side, my EC application gets rejected with the right of appeal and I got my passport back on Tuesday.
Following is the exact text of the reason for refusal
“
You have submitted a work reference from ABC Company (pvt) Ltd that the BHC has been unable to verify as genuine whilst the HR Manger Confirmed that your employment was as genuine, checks with Pakistan Telephone Company revealed that the telephone numbers given on the employment letter is listed to a residential number. I do not find this to be credible in view of the fact it is business with 25 employees. I am not satisfied that your employer is as claimed. Therefore, your application fall for refusal therefore under paragraph 135 HA (ii)

â€
Kash

alihatfield

Post by alihatfield » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:04 am

Alishah wrote:Alihatfield

Send me your e-mail address I will send you list of the documents that i attached for both.

Following were visa documents apart from other 55 documents that I submit.

VISA DOCUMENTS
S. NO CERTIFICATE TITLE
1 Covering Letter
2 CV
3 Passport (Valid and two expired)
4 Visa Application Form
5 Work Permit
6 Job Offer Letter
7 UK Accommodation Letter
8 TB Test Report
9 Pay slips (Last 12 Month )
10 Bank Statement

I didnt include ITR coz salary slip has IT deductions. I am not sure BHC
contacted my employer in UK or not.
Hi alishah
my email address is ali786leo@hotmail.com

thx

alihatfield

NEED ONE ADVICE

Post by alihatfield » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:33 am

HI GUYS I AM LIVING IN LONDON LAST 5 YEARS I HAVE DONE MY MASTER 3 YEARS BEFORE BUT STILL I AM ON STUDENT VISA IT IS HELL TO FIND A PROFESSIONAL JOB MY HSMP IS RESFUED COUPLE OF TIME WITH A NON SENSE REASON I NEED ADVICE FROM ALL OF YOU I HAVE APPLIED FOR CANADA IMMIGRATION AND NOW MY CASE IS IN LAST STAGES I DNT KNW WHERE SHALL I LIVE SHALL I LIVE IN UK OR CANDA IF SOME ONE CAN GIVE ANY ADVICE
REGARDS
ALI
softlogic20 wrote:hi AliShah,
i have not got my passport yet and i dont know if my application is approved or not:(
Just my verification is done on wednesday and i am waiting for a descion.
i will update all of you its status as soon as i get.
I hope i will get a descion next week.

Best Regards,

nabsha

Post by nabsha » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 am

@softlogic

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I find it really strange because a lot of s/w houses are actually not in commercial premises. I just checked and my company's official numbers are also against the owner of the company and not in the name of company...

I pray that you get your VISA next time.

Regards,
Nabsha

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am

@softlogic20

sorry to hear about your refusal.

if visa center will not close 2morrow then i'll send my application to the center..... and main thing is that my company phone number also not on company's name.

now i'm also so much confuse what should i do..... because i don't have premisses to chance the phone on company's name.

Regards,

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 pm

Dear Softlogic20

Can you please send me your cell phone number on siddique@qcs-sa.com or please contact with me throught 0321-5259210 as soon as possible, i have some discussions with you.

waiting for your response.

Regards

majic

Post by majic » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:40 am

Softlogic,

It is very sad indeed to hear of your refusal. I used to read your posts and each time I used to find TEXT filled with excitement. My Advice to you is to NOT REAPPLY but make an Appeal.

If you reapply you will not be able to tell BHC about the FACT that why your company phone numbers are on your Boss's Name. I dont see any place in VAF2 form where you can detail this issue.

If you appeal you can really be very detailed in your explainations. You can also submitt additional documents that the AIT (Asylum & Immigration Tribunal) such as SECP registration of your Comapny, Your Business Card, Your Comapny's Tax Registration Ceritificate, Your Company's Tax Exemption Certificate (If any) etc etc. All of these should have your companys Address & Telephone Number.

I know you will be very flurstrated and heartbroken and want to do something very quickly to get your visa but please be patient and appeal.

It is just my Point of View & advice.

Regards

majic

Post by majic » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:41 am

-------
Last edited by majic on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:01 am

Dear Softlogic,

This is really disappointing as well as frustrating news and we are really sorry for that. What I believe, declining the case just because of "telephone number listed to a residential number" is not the main reason. You have to see why did they decide to decline the application. If I am a visa officer, I would consider two things;

1. Profile of the Applicant
2. Profile of the Company

If both are weak, the decision would be "rejected". If any one of them is weak, the decision would be judgmental and if both are strong, the decision will be approved.

For applicant, the profile will be strong if;

= You are professional or highly qualified
= Working at senior position and earning handsome salary
= Good professional experience
= Frequently traveling abroad
= All the documentation provided with the application relates to your profile like source of income, proof attached etc

For Company, the profile will be strong if;

= If it is a MNC or Known Local Company
= Situated close to offices of other companies in same business
= History of its staff applying for Visas and traveling abroad (BHC had been calling to office for verification)

These are few points which come into my mind but you know about your case better. Apparently it look like that BHC is not comfortable with the profile of your company. Just to keep in mind that for HSMP applications, Home office's decision is based on the documents attached and meeting required points and not the company profile and EC is the second and important stage to strongly check both.

These are my thoughts, I would suggest to consult the professional Consultant company. Once I saw nadia Khan show where CEO of one consultant company "Future Concern Associate" was guest and was quite impressive. You can check the details from its website http://www.future-concern.com/ and discuss your case with them.

Rest pray to God and hope for the best.

Best,....Azfer

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:02 am

-------

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

softlogic and all concerned

Salary claimed by HSMP applicants is invariably much higher than salary range given in the country profile of BHC in respect of Pakistan. Therefore BHC verify that employer actually exits and can pay salary to the extent claimed. Where employer is not a known concern verification is made through online data of CBR and PTCL. If these searches casts any doubt EC is rejected without further verification. Otherwise further verification is made from employer initially in the grab of a prospective client or job applicant.
As per income tax law salary above Rs.10000 PM should be paid through bank account. Whereas during verification most of applicant/employer show cash payments which casts doubts. Now for Pakistanis initial HSMP approval has lost its significance as most of the cases are being refused at EC.

Reapplying may attract new objection. Direct appeal to AIT would be more appropriate.
Last edited by jami on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

winsome

Post by winsome » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 am

Hi softlogic20,

I actually know someone with almost similar case. He was rejected because of his company telephone no's listed as residential and in the name of company's boss. He appealed and sent the company bills and tax documents with the company address /telephone no's mentioned (note he appealed directly to the uk appeal address and not to the bhc islamabad). The guy won the appeal and recently got his hsmp visa. There is no reason to loose hope. Make a strong case and appeal.

winsome

Post by winsome » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 am

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Thank you, Bhati_pk, Magic, Azfer, Nabshah, Jami , Winsom and all others for their suggestions,
I am planning to appeal to AIT directly as it seems most safe and economical way. Also as their rejection reason seems very weak so I am quite hopeful that INS BHC will overturn their decision them self.
Well my Company is big name in IT field in USA (last year it was on 114th number in 500 fastest growing IT companies list in USA) and it’s their offshore office here in Pakistan. Also I am getting my salary through Bank transfer.
To me the confusion created due to PTCL records that still shows 2 years old owner of the phone number. So I think BHC people are also right in this regard as I think many fake applicant would be doing like this ( showing some company and then giving phone number of any house for verification)
So good thing is that I have right of appeal and all the documents and evidences to show it is a genuine case.
I am preparing my appeal on the ground that Company is genuine (listed in all Govt organization with all the rules and regulation) and these phone number belong to our company. (On the name of the manger, also this person (Manger) is manger of the company) I think these grounds will be enough to prepare my case. In appeal I am also planning to add pictures of our company stalls in different job fairs in Lahore.
I will be very thankful if anyone can give me any advice or suggestions in this regard.
Again Thanks for your Support ,
Regards,
Kash

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Softlogic.
So sad to hear that, I am delighted the way Azfar has comented on your post. Just not be angry and spent you energy cheifely.

Be polite, go back to your case again and Appeal with full background and documentations. I am sure person like you is fully eligable to be given an EC. I think the findins you have described are itself an example and you are moving in logical and right direction.

Best of luck.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi softlogic20,

You have a strong case. Go for appeal and be careful with your words and documentation in appeal!

Talk to you later.

Regards,
JD

zaynab79
United Kingdom

which is easier

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 pm

my aproval will expire on 17th oct and i was plannig to get maried in aug to apply for both husband n me but now it has been delayed till dec and il be applying alone in sept. after in get visa (inshallah) il be off n then apply after weddin in dec for my husband. is it mandatory that i have job there to apply for him??? do i need 6 monthl slary slips in UK to apply for spouse?
which is easier to apply with him initially with me or later wen i go to UK

winsome

Post by winsome » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi Zaynab,

I would recommend that you apply for your spouse at the time of your application. It would be simpler plus it would save you money. After coming to UK you would have show your emplyment and payslips for his appliation. There is no six month compulion so if you get job soon you can apply for him quickly but why take the risk..

winsome

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 pm

thank u winsome. so wat else wld i need to show wen i apply from UK? wat will the be fees??

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Zaynab,

If you wanted to move UK with your husband and at the same time, wanted to apply for his Visa after your marriage then I would personally advice you to get you Nikkah done before expiration of EC and apply EC with your husband. Although this is quite personal suggestion but this is the best option considering your case. You cannot predict the timelines in getting the job and even after getting the job, if you immediately apply for spouse Visa, it will be difficult to contest your case by submitting proofs that you can support him. Similarly before moving to UK and applying visa for your spouse after marriage (based on your approved EC) will be very difficult as you have to have a very strong justification in such situation.

Regards,…..

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 pm

ok so ur saying i apply with husband wen i submit my pp i shld send his with me n not wait to go there n get job

Azfer

Post by Azfer » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Precisely :arrow:

Another option is to send request with strong justification to BHC, asking for extension in applying for EC. I think there is an option to extend your period for applying to EC. You better search in forum if there is any example of extending the EC by providing the strong justification. Please also visit BIA and Home Office websites for guidance.

Best,....

hopeforthebest
Newly Registered

hi

Post by hopeforthebest » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:45 am

hi

is there any one who have applied for EC in the month of June, got the verification call or visa ?

Alishah

EC Taking too long

Post by Alishah » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi all.
Since you notice, I applied from EC from Karachi on Work Permit basis, there is not any reply from BHC. I wrote to them on 16th June and they replied on 18th June: "Currently processing all straightforward applications within 10 working days. However if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 15 working days. Some applications may take additional processing time if further enquiries need to be made, for example if there is a need to refer to the Home Office in the UK. We aim to process settlement applications within a similar time frame, however if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 60 days. "

Moreover; my employer recieved phone call from BHC on 17th June, since then not any reply from them or not any status change on visa status web site.

Now days it is taking too long to complete EC, the mean reason is: many EC application (a)settelement and (b) visit visa due to summer vications.

Lets hope to be clear soon.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 pm

@hopeforthebest

I have applied today 19 of June, 2008 from islamabad. Now waiting for verification and further processing from BHC.

I would request to all to please pray for me.

Regards