ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green Card Appeal - HELP!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Green Card Appeal - HELP!!!

Post by newJoiner » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm stuck with this green card process forever and I would very much appreciate any kind of input...
My original application was refused due to wrong passport stamp - status (Visit). I appealed, but I'm afraid it will be rejected again because although I attached leaving-ireland boarding pass, I didn't realise I'm expected to remain abroad while the appeal is being processed.

A few urgent questions:
How long do appeals take these days?
If an appeal is rejected can I re-apply again with a new application?
Does the law limit the number of applications you can hand in?
If I do manage to re-apply, should I go back to my home country or can I do this from europe?
What kind of documentation should I provide to prove that I'm not here?

Many many thanks to anyone who can share some info :(

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:19 am

I had put in an appeal (based on bad advice) and ended up waiting 11 weeks and still had heard nothing (told yet again another 2 weeks or so). Ended up withdrawing this (wrote a letter, faxed and rang to confirm) and left the country to another EU country to reapply. My green card was then granted. I supplied a copy of the ticket, boarding pass and schengen immigration stamp to prove I'd left and entered the schengen zone.

I don't know of any problems reapplying after a failed appeal. I know of a few who have successfully got employment permits after an initial rejection.

The most important thing you can do is get out of the country if you are not already in the country on an employment permit/on graduate scheme or are the spouse of an employment permit holder. The "incorrect status" rejection reason is used all too often.

newJoiner
Newly Registered

Thank you so much!!! Some questions about applying from abro

Post by newJoiner » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 am

When I re-apply from abroad...

what address should I provide?
Is it ok to provide the payment with irish bank note/postal note?
They also require attachment of immigration stamp upon arrival to ireland... How do I deal with that (I'm not going to be in Ireland)

Would be hapy to learn from your experience

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:04 am

If you are not in ireland then you cannot provide an immigration stamp. I just provided a stamp showing that I'd used my passport (can see the number) to enter the schengen zone. They would sometimes require this and providing it just speeds up the process.

Use the address that you will be residing at overseas, if possible. Otherwise, you may have to use an address of a family member and have them forward on the documentation. Although I think now, unless specified, the original green card will be sent to the employer. I think they then have to forward it on?

The process seems to be far more straight forward from outside the country. my employer applied for me. I think you can get a foreign euro draft from an overseas bank. Better to show you are out of the country. The only thing DETE need to be able to do is bank this cheque