ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Proof of living in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamillozz7k
Newly Registered
Poland

British citizenship Previous applications

Post by kamillozz7k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi all,
I'm currently doing my British citizenship application and I came across this question which I'm very confused about.
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? (Required)
This includes applications for asylum in the UK.
Do I need to include here my EEA(PR) application if so what information should I provide. I've done the application with my mother and she was the main applicant for EEA(PR)

I'm trying to provide as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizenship Previous applications

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Yes - show the PR application with date and reference number.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamillozz7k
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kamillozz7k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Do I need to provide my mothers name or mine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:38 pm

kamillozz7k wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:35 pm
Do I need to provide my mothers name or mine?
Likely yours as you are the applicant applying for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:39 pm

There is a section before that to enter our PR details (after addresses).

kamillozz7k
Newly Registered
Poland

British Citizenship Proof of living in the UK

Post by kamillozz7k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused doing my British citizenship application. My biggest issue now is the Proof for living in the UK. I understand that this is for the past 5 years but do I really need to go back 5 years since I got my Permament document in September 2018? I aquired the permanent residency status on August 2014.

I'm really confused now. I'm 21, I finished college in 2016, for a year I was studying myself then in 2017 I've become self-employed as my mum insisted on me to work while I was studying so I've been driving for Uber eats for a little while but I'm self employed until now. I'm really confused on what evidence I could provide and how much evidence there should be and how frequent.

Could anyone guide me on how much proof I need and what are the accepted evidence. I have never been employed yet.

Please help, I've got so far with all this I can't give up now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Proof of living in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 pm

When you say you got your permanent residence status in August 2014 and got your document in September 2018, what date is on your PR document?

Regarding documentation to prove your residency, documents to prove you were in college until 2016 would be a good starting point. Do you have any bills in your name? Have you ever created a personal tax account and/or done a self-assessment for taxes?

kamillozz7k
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kamillozz7k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:55 pm

On the document it says September 2018 but on the letter I've got it says I acquired it in August 2014.
From march 2016 I had a car insurance for two years and I have transactions in my bank account for the whole period I don't know if that helps. I also had an O2 phone contract and a gym membership. Then In November 2017 I had my self-employment opened up.

kamillozz7k
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kamillozz7k » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:54 am

Is there anything I can do? I was depended on my parents in that time.

kamillozz7k
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kamillozz7k » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Anyone knows how I could get out of this situation. I really want to apply as It took me 6 months to get all the applications done and gather all information I wouldn't want that to go to waste. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you

Alien2017
United Kingdom

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 pm

So you need to prove 5 years back from application date. You can use school letter for the time you were in school, then self employment letter received when you ave registered and you self assessments. For any uncovered periods you can add any letters from GP, NHS, and if you can't find anything you can add council tax. They will ask for more if they need it, you don't have to have a proof for every month or so, I have for example sent a P45 dated 2014 as only proof of living in UK for that year, although it was dated June, they have not asked for more. Don't worry, if they need more they will ask, and make sure you scan the letter together with your DPCR to point them that you have acquired PR in 2014. Or just the letter will do as they accept only letters.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 pm

kamillozz7k wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:35 pm
Hi All,

I'm a bit confused doing my British citizenship application. My biggest issue now is the Proof for living in the UK. I understand that this is for the past 5 years but do I really need to go back 5 years since I got my Permament document in September 2018? I aquired the permanent residency status on August 2014.

I'm really confused now. I'm 21, I finished college in 2016, for a year I was studying myself then in 2017 I've become self-employed as my mum insisted on me to work while I was studying so I've been driving for Uber eats for a little while but I'm self employed until now. I'm really confused on what evidence I could provide and how much evidence there should be and how frequent.

Could anyone guide me on how much proof I need and what are the accepted evidence. I have never been employed yet.

Please help, I've got so far with all this I can't give up now.
If the guide doesnt say passport is the proof of lawful living in uk?

Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application • Your passports.

Or if i am missing something?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application • Your passports.

The OP is an EU citizen. Their passports don't get stamped so they have to submit evidence of lawful residence. Passport is NOT sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:

The OP is an EU citizen. Their passports don't get stamped so they have to submit evidence of lawful residence. Passport is NOT sufficient.
Many thanks, if passport is enough evidence for non-EU applicants? I naver been out of uk in last 6 years so if i need to provide any evidence? As not out so no stamps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 pm
naveediiqbal wrote:

Many thanks, if passport is enough evidence for non-EU applicants? I naver been out of uk in last 6 years so if i need to provide any evidence? As not out so no stamps.
1. You should ask your citizenship questions in your own topic please.

2 For UK immigration route applicants, passport is usually enough, however HO could ask for evidence you have lived here etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)