ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

may have made mistake on application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kayani2012

Re: may have made mistake on application?

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 pm

He just gave me postal address instead asking me what type of application I made
anyway details are there, hopefully they will send into right direction. :)

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Did you also send them an email or only post?

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:49 pm

amy786 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm
thank you for the info
was it accepted and have you received a decision as yet?
Yes they emailed me back confirming they had put the notes on the case file for me. I have also received my decision and taken the oath ceremony yesterday. As the error I made on the application was enough to get it rejected. I applied in late november a week on, I realised the mistake and got in touch with them. They emailed back in 2 days confirming the receipt of the enquiry and said that the case worker would take this into consideration or get in touch if anything else was required. Got the approval letter early jan but the decision was made in mid december. Hope this helps.

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm

kayani2012 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 pm
He just gave me postal address instead asking me what type of application I made
anyway details are there, hopefully they will send into right direction. :)
Make sure you include the application reference number as they sort out the post based on that. They have two po boxes for naturalisation but when I had called them they said they sort it based on the application reference number if that is included.

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:54 pm

yes email as well

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

To which email address?

Do you think it can have negative impact on application by sending them a separate cover letter as we forgot this as part of the initial application we submitted?

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 pm

na2316 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm
To which email address?

Do you think it can have negative impact on application by sending them a separate cover letter as we forgot this as part of the initial application we submitted?
It definitely wouldn't have a negative impact. Mistakes can be made, we are not all perfect.

I had used furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk email address.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks Kautya.

You mentioned that you got reply in 2 days.

Was this a reply to the email you sent to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Or a reply to the letter you posted, which they received and then replied you via email?

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 pm

na2316 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 pm
Thanks Kautya.

You mentioned that you got reply in 2 days.

Was this a reply to the email you sent to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Or a reply to the letter you posted, which they received and then replied you via email?
Replied to the email.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks.

Reply was from furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk email or the case worker email?

Thanks again

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:40 pm

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm

na2316 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm
Thanks.

Reply was from furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk email or the case worker email?

Thanks again
Reply was from the same id above. These emails are blanket emails setup for support so that anyone within a team can see the emails and respond. Caseworkers would not be replying from their work id's as people will otherwise harass them with stupid questions all the time and might share with others on a forum like this. That will be counter productive for the case worker.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 pm

You are lucky to get a response in 2 days. As they usually say to wait for 20 days for a response.

I believe there standard reply time is 20 days?

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:48 pm

thank you so much kautya for your responses,
there are so many negative thoughts going through my head, hopefully they will take into consideration emails and cover letters i am going to send them.
its just so worrying , i checked application over and over again , but its just on hindsight that you think about the questions they are asking ,which are not always clear, and you realise that you should have put a different response.

savage87
Romania

Post by savage87 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 pm

I had to send a letter to UKVI a couple of days as I didn't include some information to my application by mistake.
I rang the contact centre and they said that is best to send it through the post signed for as they have a backlog of 6 weeks on the emails. Make sure you include your case id if known.

I've sent it to Dept 4 same as where I sent the rest of the documents.

tapash

Post by tapash » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

I just remembered this question after reading this thread that I have not given complete history of immigration application!! I am also panicking now!!

I have answered the question with yes at first and given the recent application information. Then I answered No. Would that be a problem? should I send an email to HO?

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm

na2316 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 pm
You are lucky to get a response in 2 days. As they usually say to wait for 20 days for a response.

I believe there standard reply time is 20 days?
I wouldnt say lucky as I sent them a second reply on the email because the first email I sent was also wrong :D. They also replied within similar time frame to the second email as well.

kautya

Post by kautya » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:10 pm

amy786 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:48 pm
thank you so much kautya for your responses,
there are so many negative thoughts going through my head, hopefully they will take into consideration emails and cover letters i am going to send them.
its just so worrying , i checked application over and over again , but its just on hindsight that you think about the questions they are asking ,which are not always clear, and you realise that you should have put a different response.
Quite honestly they could streamline the process a lot more. They have the information to a lot of the questions already, like time outside uk etc and date of entry or employment history. It is pointless for applicants having to fill through this. I had similar thoughts and thought I would lose the fees and have to apply again but someone from this forum advised that you can get in touch so I found the information on one of their pages with the email id and a phone number.
I tried to do both (in panic) and the person (UKVI) who answered was very helpful and the same goes for the person who replied to the email. Once they said they'd included my comments on the file, I didn't chase them any further. A few weeks on, I now have naturalised so don't worry too much but make sure you send them relevant information of the application. I have also dug out the enquiry form that I had attached. I am attaching it to this post, in the hope that it helps some of you.

Having said this, I would like to inform that this was my personal experience, there could also be other issues in some applications that may prevent getting a timely response etc.
Attachments
Nationality Enquiry Form Attachment(1).zip
Enquiry form
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 347 times

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm

thanks again kautiya
however , i get message 'you do not have required permission to view files attached to this post'

any ideas why or what i should do to be able to view it

na2316

Post by na2316 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:19 am

tapash wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm
I just remembered this question after reading this thread that I have not given complete history of immigration application!! I am also panicking now!!

I have answered the question with yes at first and given the recent application information. Then I answered No. Would that be a problem? should I send an email to HO?

Tapash,

May be send them an email like a lot of other users did for your peace of mind rather than home office coming back to you to tell you about the mistake.

You said you said Yes at first and then no.

How many more previous applications you had to add?

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:06 am

just been browsing through recent refusal cases, most of them refer to with held information or not meeting requirements.
so , hopefully i hope they will accept my corrections, which i will post to them and have emailed also.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 pm

i have printed out pages of application form that did not have the correct details, so i will amend them together with a covering letter,
i hope they will accept these and overlook the mistakes in original application, as i do meet all the other requirements,
i guess its just a waiting game now, and i will try to put it at back of my mind and not think about it , and hope for successful outcome, as its really affecting my health, (my bp has been twice the normal)
thanks to all who posted and helped to put my mind at ease
have done biometric today and will now post docs.

tapash

Post by tapash » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 pm

na2316 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:19 am
tapash wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Tapash,

May be send them an email like a lot of other users did for your peace of mind rather than home office coming back to you to tell you about the mistake.

You said you said Yes at first and then no.

How many more previous applications you had to add?
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I Just emailed and posted a letter also. But I have applied almost a month ago. Hope its not too late. Honestly i didnt remember the details of those application as they were at least more than 5 years back. And I thought HO would have all those information anyways!! Anyway finger crossed!!
...So far I have made 5 applications, within UK and abroad.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:40 pm

Tapash,

did you enter the details of all the 5 applications you made uk/abroad.

by details, i mean, date of application, Place, and date of finger prints taken etc

tapash

Post by tapash » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm

na2316 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:40 pm
Tapash,

did you enter the details of all the 5 applications you made uk/abroad.

by details, i mean, date of application, Place, and date of finger prints taken etc
I have mentioned my 5 application in the latest email, but NOT on online application form. I didn't remember if the biometric was taken or the exact date or month of application. all I have mentioned is the year and the place.