ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same Employer - ICT to Tier 2 General ( high earner category )

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Same Employer - ICT to Tier 2 General ( high earner category )

Post by ap1410 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:43 am

Hi - I am on an ICT visa currently since 2014 . My salary has increased to upwards of £160,000 .

Can my employer now convert my visa on Tier 2 General and is that allowed given I am in the high earners bracket.

IF possible can this be done in-country or do I need to apply from my home country ?

thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Same Employer - ICT to Tier 2 General ( high earner category )

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:59 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:50 am

Hello - thank you for your help . Apologies , but I was not able to find a clear answer in the link you sent me .

Can my employer change my covert my visa from ICT to T2 since I am in the high earner category.

Or do I need to change companies to do the same ?

Appreciate your patience on this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:57 am

geriatrix wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm
245HD(c) applies...
Requirements for leave to remain wrote:(c) An applicant who has, or was last granted leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant must:

(i) have previously had leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,

(ii) not have been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since the grant of leave referred to in (i) above; and

(iii) not be applying to work for the same Sponsor as sponsored him when he was last granted leave.
So,
1. If a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant was issued leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or
2. If a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant was issued leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) migrant in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,

then switching is allowed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.