ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent and visa fee for child born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZGill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 dependent and visa fee for child born in UK

Post by ZGill » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 am

Hi,
My child was also born in UK in Oct 2018 and I am on tier 2 visa with ILR coming up in Aug 2019.
1) I am aware that if my child has to travel before my ILR, he will need dependent visa to return. However my question is, as children born in uk do not need ILR and can directly apply for registration & then citizenship would that still apply if child travels out of country now on tier 2 dependent and comes back in June before I apply. If I apply for dependent visa now for his Travel it will most certainly expire when mine is expiring in august.
Would that then make the child illegal if I don’t apply for his ILR as I would’ve to wait till I get my ILR before applying for his registration or can I apply simultaneously.

2) provided I do apply for dependent as my original visa is 5 years tier 2 general do I need to pay fee for this category while applying for dependent Visa or is there any other for lesser fee.

I have tried multiple threads and nothing has got a clear response on the second query.

Would really appreciate a response soon

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent and visa fee for child born in UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 am

1. There is no restriction on traveling and no effect on registering as British.

2. Yes you have to pay the visa fee and any IHS applicable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZGill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZGill » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Thank you for prompt response. Would I be liable to pay 3 years as only few months are left to ILR or would the fee be based on my original COS I-e 5 years.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Fee would be based on your original CoS as you have to put the detail in the dependent application form.

You need to decide what is more important and how deep your pockets are. Saving a lot of money just for a trip to home country for the child or the child going on holiday.

If the child does not travel, there is no need to apply for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.