ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prevention of Harassment warning letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Prevention of Harassment warning letter

Post by Mathis » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello everyone,

If you could help me if possible, I'm about to apply for my citizenship

In 2017 I had a visit from police regarding harassment It was just someone I was calling related to my work, I went to the police and I was told I need to sign on Prevention of Harassment warning letter just to keep it for their records for future convictions if I do it again.

Do I have to declare it and apply now? or I have to apply 3 years after the letter ?

Thank you very much

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Re: Prevention of Harassment warning letter

Post by Nusratali786 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm

It will be in police record. Home office will check police records. What was the matter may i ask. U should have involved the lawyer before signing on the letter

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Question
If someone is issued with a MPS Prevention of Harassment warning letter - Form 9993, the equivalent of Police Information Notices , will the existence of this letter appear on any legitimate criminal record checks made at the request of an outside party, for example an employer or potential employer?

Answer

Answer for Prevention of Harassment warning letter - Form 9993. [3]
Answered By:
The Mayor
Date:
Thursday, 4th February 2016
No, it is not subject to a criminal record check or disclosure to an employer or potential employer. However, if an individual were applying to join the police, they would be expected to disclose receiving such a warning letter.

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Nusratali786 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm
It will be in police record. Home office will check police records. What was the matter may i ask. U should have involved the lawyer before signing on the letter
Thanks for your reply!

I met someone and she said don’t call me again! So I stopped calling her immediately! However she contacted the police and the police came to me and asked me to sign this letter. I didn’t know anything about harassment or it could affect my application.

But will it affect my application to the home office?

Thank you very much!

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Mathis wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:55 pm
Nusratali786 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Thanks for your reply!

It was about someone I met through work! She said don’t contact me again or I will call the police!

I stopped contacting her. After few days police Officer came to my work and threatened me of arresting using that I don’t know anything about the law and hey can’t arrest me for something like this.

Anyway short story long I went to the police station and I was so scared and they asked me to sign on this letter then I left.

But will it affect my application to the home office?

Thank you very much!

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 am

Could anyone from the admins or anyone who go experience help me out please ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 am

Mathis wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 am

Thanks
Highly likely that members of the forum do not have experience of this specific type of query or warning letter, hence no one responding.

If in doubt, declare it as HO do make their own checks. If you don't declare and they check and find it out themselves, you risk being refused for failing to disclose a material fact. Note that generally, harassment is a criminal offence in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 am
Mathis wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 am

Thanks
Highly likely that members of the forum do not have experience of this specific type of query or warning letter, hence no one responding.

If in doubt, declare it as HO do make their own checks. If you don't declare and they check and find it out themselves, you risk being refused for failing to disclose a material fact. Note that generally, harassment is a criminal offence in the UK.
Thank you very much for your response, The letter I got is written on it Allegation of Harassment form " A copy of this notice will be retrained by the police. This doe not in any way constitute a criminal record and will be only be referred to should further allegations of harassment received" .

Plus I have seen someone was talking about it and got reply to not to declare it! So i was just a bit confused, Please check the link: british-citizenship/disclosure-of-polic ... 33496.html

Again I really appreciate your help and support.

Thanks,