ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

optimal time for my family’s visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliehsan369
Newly Registered
Pakistan

optimal time for my family’s visa application

Post by aliehsan369 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:32 am

Hello,

I have recently received the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from University of Manchester (date assigned: February 15, 2019; expiry date: May 15, 2019; work start date: March 1, 2019).

Since my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first baby in early March 2019, I need advice regarding the optimal time for making my family’s visa application. Would it be better to apply my family's visa at the same time as me or separately afterwards. How long can it take for them to join me in UK if they apply for visa separately afterwards.

Ali

amjadcsu
Newly Registered
India

Re: optimal time for my family’s visa application

Post by amjadcsu » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 am

Hi
There are two scenarios here for you.
1. If you apply with your family and say you get visa approved before birth of your child. Still your wife can not travel with you as airlines will not allow .?
2. In case you wait for your birth of child, get passport of your child and then apply for wife and child along with yours You would need to show support in your bank statements for your child (approx 610 GBP) .

I would suggest you apply first and go to UK .Then call your wife and child.

Then you can apply for PBS dependent .
The visa processing time are shown in following tool
https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times