ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are Childrens Parent's Birth Certificates required for FLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Are Childrens Parent's Birth Certificates required for FLR

Post by Zeppi01 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 am

Dear All,

Currently, over a number of weeks, I have been putting together the FLR online application. The checklist did ask me, at the end Jan 19, to provide our children's (UK citizens, who are not applying) parents birth certificates. So I have obtained these. After further revising the form, the check list does not ask for this anymore..., only for the children's birth certificate.

Checklist changed from:

Birth certificate of both of MXXXXXX's parents

To:
MXXXXXX's birth certificate

Any ideas why this change has taken place?

PS another change related to the fact that that checklist requested

A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I
or my partner lived with them for some or all of
the 2-year period

(Even though we have not lived with others). Now this item has disappeared...

Is it me?

Regards,

Zeppi

secret.simon

Re: Are Childrens Parent's Birth Certificates required for FLR

Post by secret.simon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Which FLR (FLR(M), FLR(FP), FLR(HRO), etc) application are you making? Different FLR applications have different requirements.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Post by Zeppi01 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Thank you for taking time to post a reply. This is for a FLR(M) visa. My wife came here with entry clearance visa. Now we are applying for FLR(M).

The birth certificate requirement, seemed to change during my application revisions (firstly asking for birth certificate of parents of our children , then recently only asking for our children's birth certificate only).

Our children are UK citizens and currently outside the UK (although the form is not set up for this fact, as we have to put in a date that they arrived in the UK... :~().

Seems a bit odd. It may be that one of the date changes has affected the birth certificate requirement? It does not make any sense to me.

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Post by Zeppi01 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:28 pm

Just one other change I noticed. The payment has increased since the end Jan 2019 from 1033.00 GBP to the current price of 1052.20 GBP

"Payment

XXXXXX application on a Family Route 1052.20 GBP"

So maybe they have upped the fees and changed the Birth Certificate requirements???

Has anyone else noticed this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:22 am

Zeppi01 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:28 pm
Just one other change I noticed. The payment has increased since the end Jan 2019 from 1033.00 GBP to the current price of 1052.20 GBP

"Payment

XXXXXX application on a Family Route 1052.20 GBP"

So maybe they have upped the fees and changed the Birth Certificate requirements???

Has anyone else noticed this?
There has been NO fee increase!!! Or rule changes!!1

The fee you have paid includes the £19.20 for biometric enrollment at the new service centres!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zeppi01
United Kingdom

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Thank you.

We submitted both in the end i.e. children's birth certificate and children's parents birth certificate. FLR(M) was approved.

Many Thanks

Zeppi