ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national with ILR from 2003 applying for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fire1
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

EU national with ILR from 2003 applying for BC

Post by fire1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi,

I am currently in the process of filling in the online application for a BC. My circumstances are as follows:
-EU national
-business visa 1999
-ILR 2003

Since the majority of the EU applicants here are applying via the PR Card route I am struggling to find anything applicable for my situation.

I am wondering if it's correct when I get to the following part of the online application:

Are you either:
An EEA national who has been issued with a document certifying permanent residence
A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

to tick no as I am a EEA national but have an ILR and don't have a permanent residence card. If I do tick yes, it's asking me for the 'permanent residence card number.

If someone has been in this situation could you share what you did please?

Thank you in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU national with ILR from 2003 applying for BC

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:30 pm

What document do you have? Is there any number on it?
If it says "indefinite leave to remain" that is equal to the option "document certifying permanen residence".
I applied in 2016 and my DCPR dated back 30 years so it's not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

fire1
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by fire1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi alterhase58,

I've got a letter from the Home Office stating that I have ILR with no further restrictions and a vignette in my passport. The problem is more the new online system -it either lets me fill in the form as a EEA national and asking specifically for a permanent residence card number or as a non-EEA national with ILR. If I had applied earlier via the fully paper route that would not be an issue, but the online system doesn't give as many options.

I really don't know what to do.

Thanks for your reply though- much appreciated. It's amazing that there are strangers on here supporting other strangers.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks - most of us here have been through the various applications at some time - keep asking questions if necessary.
Not familiar with the online system. Maybe inputting the date as numbers like DDMMYYYY could work - is there an explanation of expected format? Or is there an option for ticking just ILR without reference to EEA? Difficult to advise.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 pm

fire1 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Are you either:
An EEA national who has been issued with a document certifying permanent residence
A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card

to tick no as I am a EEA national but have an ILR and don't have a permanent residence card. If I do tick yes, it's asking me for the 'permanent residence card number.

If someone has been in this situation could you share what you did please?
The answer is clearly No, so tick that as you don't have a DCPR. You will get a question later asking you

Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK?

There you would answer Yes probably.

If you are unsure of something, fill the entire form with what you think is good to see the rest of the questions, then come back to fix it later. Just don't forget to fix, of course.

fire1
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by fire1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:15 am

vaza wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 pm
The answer is clearly No, so tick that as you don't have a DCPR. You will get a question later asking you

Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK?

There you would answer Yes probably.

If you are unsure of something, fill the entire form with what you think is good to see the rest of the questions, then come back to fix it later. Just don't forget to fix, of course.
I tried to tick No and then it continues on with the questions until it asks:

"Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK? Yes Date your leave was granted (if known)"

I am thinking this is a more fitting option for my circumstances as I have ILR.

Thank you very much for your suggestion!!

fire1
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by fire1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:19 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 pm
Thanks - most of us here have been through the various applications at some time - keep asking questions if necessary.
Not familiar with the online system. Maybe inputting the date as numbers like DDMMYYYY could work - is there an explanation of expected format? Or is there an option for ticking just ILR without reference to EEA? Difficult to advise.
Thanks for taking the time though - I really appreciate it! Sometimes hearing people just speculate on a subject helps!!