ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 PBS dependant money movement in bank account

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oneeq
Newly Registered
Ghana

Tier-2 PBS dependant money movement in bank account

Post by Oneeq » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a tier 2 visa and my family is about to apply for their tier-2 dependant visa in about a next week. The bank statement that will be submitted has the required funds to cover for them and has been maintenaned for over 90days now. The only thing we are worried about is that we have had times where we moved funds up to £600 at once from my account to my partner's account and sometimes £300. This didn't affect the requisite amount, just needed to send money home for their upkeep.

My question now is, do we need to explain in a cover letter or in the additional information section of the form about the money movement, which happened about 4 times, or there is no need for this, since all they need is for us to show we have kept the requisite amount for the 90 day period.

Kindly advice
Many thanks

Oneeq
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Tier-2 PBS dependant money movement in bank account

Post by Oneeq » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 am

Hello again,
Can someone help out here please.
Many thanks.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:30 am

Best to explain in the cover letter to avoid UKVI thinking that source of money is not clear.

Lots of visas get rejected when the source of funds not explained properly or not clear in the statements. ukvi may think that the money was just borrowed, etc. to meet funds/maintenance requirements and so reject the application.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Oneeq
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Oneeq » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:51 am

Thank you very much for your response.
We already had about £1500 in the same account before the other transfers.
But it's okay, will explain. Do we have to do a cover letter, or put it in the "additional information" section.
srsw wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:30 am
Best to explain in the cover letter to avoid UKVI thinking that source of money is not clear.

Lots of visas get rejected when the source of funds not explained properly or not clear in the statements. ukvi may think that the money was just borrowed, etc. to meet funds/maintenance requirements and so reject the application.

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 am

Cover letter or additional information section, either should be fine as long as you clarify from your end.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Oneeq
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Oneeq » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:07 am

Great, thank you.
One last question please, do you also need to explain debits too of around the same amount?
srsw wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 am
Cover letter or additional information section, either should be fine as long as you clarify from your end.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:10 am

Oneeq wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:07 am
Great, thank you.
One last question please, do you also need to explain debits too of around the same amount?
srsw wrote:
No.

HO is ONLY interested in seeing that £630 for each dependent has been maintained for 90 days. They don't care about the in and out transactions over and above this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oneeq
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Oneeq » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:10 am
Oneeq wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:07 am
Great, thank you.
srsw wrote:
No.

HO is ONLY interested in seeing that £630 for each dependent has been maintained for 90 days. They don't care about the in and out transactions over and above this.
Thank you, thank you, thank you