ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timelines to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aja
United Kingdom

Timelines to apply for ILR

Post by aja » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Hello,

My 1st Tier 2 Gen Issued on 20/07/2014.
Entered UK on 22/07/2014.

Eligibility for ILR - Back calculating 28 days from date of entry : 24/06/2019.

As per the new system available from Nov 2018, i believe the application completion, document uploads and bio metrics are all on separate dates.

q1) As per the dates above, should i have completed the application by 24/06 and appear for bio metrics on a date later than 24/06 OR

q2) Can i complete my application much earlier and have my Bio metrics booked for 24/06 ?

q3) Regarding the Employment letter stating that the individual still works for the sponsor, Should i have this letter dated quite closer to the Bio metrics date or can it be dated a few weeks in advance, for ex: in my dates: May be 1st week of June ?

q4) My first T2 Gen started with my earlier employer, with whom i worked for 1.5 years. I did not travel outside UK during that time. Hope i do not need any letter from my previous employer in that case right ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timelines to apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:26 pm

1. You can submit from 24th June onwards. Don't apply to early. Date of online submission and payment is the date of application.

2. No, see #1 above.

3. Should not be older than 28 days when you apply.

4. Fine if you did not leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Thanks aja for asking these queries and thanks CR001 for your replies.
Sorry to ask queries on other's thread..

I had a gap of more than 60 days (around 3 months) between my first employer and the current employer. Do I need to show any absence letter for this gap ? If yes, from whom ?
I did not travel outside of UK when with first employer so no need of any letter as confirmed by CR001 ?
TIA..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:47 am

cracker1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:37 pm
Thanks aja for asking these queries and thanks CR001 for your replies.
Sorry to ask queries on other's thread..

I had a gap of more than 60 days (around 3 months) between my first employer and the current employer. Do I need to show any absence letter for this gap ? If yes, from whom ?
I did not travel outside of UK when with first employer so no need of any letter as confirmed by CR001 ?
TIA..
Please continue in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.