ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SET(M) - recently became a director?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ScotIndia
Newly Registered
India

Form SET(M) - recently became a director?

Post by ScotIndia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:08 pm

My wife is using my salary to meet the financial requirements for the application (we've used it with success for the past two 2.5 year visas so thought it was sensible to continue this way). We've gone through the form with relative ease so far (I hope!), despite some bizarre questions. However, we've now reached the part asking if I'm a director of a company.

I was recently appointed in October last year. It's the same company I receive my salary from - a family business. I have no shares nor dividends. Do I need to declare this on the form? The evidence seems a bit of a hassle.

Many thanks in advance.

ScotIndia
Newly Registered
India

SET-M: full-time employee and LTD company director

Post by ScotIndia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Hello guys! I am looking for some advise on the finance requirement for SET (M) application which I am due to submit in March 1st week.

My wife is using my salary to meet the financial requirements for the application (we've used it with success for the past two- 2.5 year visas so thought it was sensible to continue this way). We've gone through the form with relative ease so far (I hope!), despite some bizarre questions. However, we've now reached the part asking if I'm a director of a company.

I was recently appointed as a director in October last year (Financial year runs from October to September). It's the same company I've been working for years and I receive my salary from. It's a family business but I have no shares nor dividends. Do I need to declare this on the form? The evidence seems a bit of a hassle.

Many thanks in advance.

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Re: Form SET(M) - recently became a director?

Post by arsenal16 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:54 pm

If you have no shares and no dividends then your directorship is pretty much irrelevant.

Therefore your employment status would simply be PAYE and you would just use your payslips as normal.

ScotIndia
Newly Registered
India

Re: Form SET(M) - recently became a director?

Post by ScotIndia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:19 pm

arsenal16 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:54 pm
If you have no shares and no dividends then your directorship is pretty much irrelevant.

Therefore your employment status would simply be PAYE and you would just use your payslips as normal.
Thanks.

Gathering as much of the information they require from a director as possible, just in case...