ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tsp

Post by tsp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:57 pm

tsp wrote:Since i had HSMP approval letter, I had not sent irrelavant pages(points scoring pages) of the application.

Does it make any difference in FLR application. Guys please clarify.
I m worried and getting all these things in my mind

beever

Post by beever » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm

congrats anil.....chakde..where is ours?!

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm

I think u sud have sent all pages of the form - no need to fill up the non-applicable pages though.
tsp wrote:Since i had HSMP approval letter, I had not sent irrelavant pages(points scoring pages) of the application.

tsp

Post by tsp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:32 pm

kmore97 wrote:I think u sud have sent all pages of the form - no need to fill up the non-applicable pages though.

Hi Kmore,

mm - interesting, Do you think, does it make any difference. I have asked the HO before sending it, they said, dont have to send the irrelavant pages.

Since my application is getting delayed - i m really worried what to do now, any sugesstion

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Beever,

I am not calling CC anymore.....disappointed as can't get any positive updates....in any case my CW is on holiday till monday & i dont see anything coming until next weekend...or following week..
beever wrote:congrats anil.....chakde..where is ours?!

tsp

Post by tsp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Any thoughts on my question?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 pm

no approvals today?

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:54 pm

TSP,

I dont really think your delay is due to non-sending of those pages. Its just that the system is totally unpredictable ...there are cases who have applied early - mid - end april & they are still waiting.....I can understand how you feel ( i am also still waiting ) , but to be honest - we cannot really do anything - except wait......i knw its difficult to control negative thoughts but my friend - dont worry ......you should be allright
tsp wrote:Any thoughts on my question?

pr4t4p

Post by pr4t4p » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:55 pm

vipul1981 wrote:no approvals today?
One of the guys I know got an approval today, altho he isn't here ...
his timelines were
Applied on 4th May
Documents back with stamp on 12th June...

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Ajay can u try to get more details from him

hari123
Newly Registered

Post by hari123 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:59 pm

HI,

I am just updating my details so that it can help all those people who are waiting for their passport return this or next week ..

Application date : 2nd may 2008
received /account debited 6th may 2008
travelling to India on16th june
hence send a urgent attention form and just got a call from the home office that they would send my passport (approved) today .
I asked them for a special delivery and they told me they would entertain this as well.

I called up the home office nearly every day .
Faxed my tickets and a letter for urgent attention and specail delivery .

Havent received them yet .But I think I can expect them by saturday or monday ..
So any one travelling can try this and let the home office know cos if they say they would help you .... they actually do.
They also offered me if I could arrange for a courier but as i refused they assured me a special delivery ....

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:01 pm

can somebody sugest me something

My wife is on a work permit and i m on HSMP (Soon Tier1, Hopefully). I didnt apply for her extension with me. Whats the best thng to do. Apply for her as a dependant or file her application seperately?

Another thing we got married last year. she has changed her name everywhere apart from passport and company. If we send in Tier 1 application, attaching the marriage certificate wil justify the name change or we need to send something else with that.

ALso surname on pay slip will be diff from bank statements. so what name to use? on passport she has her maiden name.

Kindly help

hari123
Newly Registered

Post by hari123 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Forgot to let you know my was a HSMP to tier 1 one extension ....

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 pm

hari

your inputs are quite encouraging....did the HO just called you to tell they disptaching your passport ???

hari123 wrote:HI,

I am just updating my details so that it can help all those people who are waiting for their passport return this or next week ..

Application date : 2nd may 2008
received /account debited 6th may 2008
travelling to India on16th june
hence send a urgent attention form and just got a call from the home office that they would send my passport (approved) today .
I asked them for a special delivery and they told me they would entertain this as well.

I called up the home office nearly every day .
Faxed my tickets and a letter for urgent attention and specail delivery .

Havent received them yet .But I think I can expect them by saturday or monday ..
So any one travelling can try this and let the home office know cos if they say they would help you .... they actually do.
They also offered me if I could arrange for a courier but as i refused they assured me a special delivery ....

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi tsp,

One way of looking as this is, since you haven't got your passports, they are considering your application. In case it was incomplete, the inital checking team would have rejected your application.

-H
tsp wrote:Any thoughts on my question?

macuser
Newly Registered

Post by macuser » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Hello all....
I am an IT Contractor, have my own limited company and I m paying myself some salary (£32K). I have the following docs availabe with me.

1) Contracts
2) Payslips (the amount doen't match in personal bank statements for few months)
3) Personal bank statements
4) Business bank statements
5) Invoices
6) VAT Returns
7) Company reg certificates
8) Remittance Advices

could any body tell me the correct set of documents to send for previous earnings??

hari123
Newly Registered

Post by hari123 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:29 pm

ya they called us and let us know that they are dispatching the passports and wanted to check in case we have arranged for a courier our self cos initially I spoke to a lady and she has asked me if I can arrange a pick up my self ... I hadnt send in a special delivery thing .... and since now I want it urgently asked them if they could do it for us .... I dont know when I would get my passport but ya they were the ones who called us up today.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:40 pm

vipul1981 wrote:My wife is on a work permit and i m on HSMP (Soon Tier1, Hopefully). I didnt apply for her extension with me. Whats the best thng to do. Apply for her as a dependant or file her application seperately?
Applying together saves money (395 quids) but since you have already filed your extension application, it might be too late to include her as think one needs to fill in the details of the dependent(s) if applying with the main applicant (check the form). I believe this is also true for the dependent form as well.

regards

basahin
Newly Registered

Process Times for Tier 1

Post by basahin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi,

I've been reading the forum for a long time and I think it is really very helpful for applicants. Here is my application progress:

Application Type: Student Visa-->Tier 1
Application Sent (by Special Delivery): 6-May-08
Received by HO: 7-May-08
No Payment because I am a Turkish citizen
Ref. No. Allocated: 7-May-08
Ref No. Received (by Post): 12-May-08
Approval Date: N/A
Stamping Date: N/A

When I received my reference number it was saying that I can call them after 28 days, which I did. However,when I phoned them and asked the status of my application this monday, I was told that they can not tell me anything about the progress or the approval status until the 10th week?!. As far I have seen from other applicants this is a very common problem and everyone is confused about this 10 week rule!
Then I talked to an international advisor in our university (University of Manchester) and she told me that I should even expect that the final decision to be made at the end of third month!!!! I told her that there are many people getting their visas after 5-6 weeks already, which made her really surprised because she never saw anyone until now who has got his passport after 5 weeks!!?!?!
My Question is: As far as I have read here at worst scenario people are getting their passports back after 8 week or so. Mostly the processing times are around 5-6 weeks... Is this valid for only WP-Tier 1 applications or for all application including Student Visa-Tier 1? When should I expect to receive my passport?

So any responses would be welcomed...

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:01 pm

congratulations hari. i dont know when am i going to get mine back. its really upsetting

notty

Re: urgent plz

Post by notty » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:09 pm

I have just read all the comments on AMIR's case.

Lokesh said that u can not submit payslips and tax returns as both consider from the same source but how come these r from same source, payslips are from employer and tax returns stamped by the tax authorities with covering letter from tax authorities that applicant has paid that much tax in this year on the IT headed paper.
Yes employer submits the tax returns but to tax authorities and tax authorities confirms it by stamping and letter. and in Pakistan most of the times employee takes salary cash in hand and at the end of the tax year he submits his tax returns on his own by self assessment criteria. in any case tax returns are consider from tax authorities not from employer, coz u r paying tax to IT office not to employer.
so payslips and tax returns fulfill the evidence requirement.
and u can submit payslips along with tax returns if it corroborate the exact period u r claiming.

in AMIRs case i think (my opinion) CW shud giv him points for 6 months from Jan04 to June04 because tax returns corroborate that period with payslips i dnt know about tax challans CW would consider it or not?

am i right or not???

sushdmehta wrote:
kmore97 wrote:Aamir,
As I explained in my previous post, if CW is able to derive ur jan04-Dec04 figures from ur tax documents - u r safe. I understand ur tax challan point. CW will be able to derive ur earning for jul04 to dec04. What about Jul03 - Jun04 tax return document? Is it extensive enuf for caseworker to find out ur earning from jan04 to jun04?
You are assuming here that the caseworker will do all these calculations on behalf of the applicant, when it is the *applicant's responsibility* to provide precise and concise documentary evidence as mentioned in the policy guidance.

If CWs take such tasks upon themselves, the turn around time will increase from 10 weeks to 52 weeks. :lol:

Aamirmalik, you will be very lucky if your case gets approved on basis of this evidence.

regards
:?:

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:13 pm

notty dont say with so much confidence that tax returns and payslips are not from same source.

They very well can be from same source. for instance in UK, tax return form P6o is considered as same source as pay slips. Although tax is pais to tax office.

2ndly in Amirs case, his application does look quite vague.

My advice to him is to keep the bank statements ready, just incase he needs it.

Its not about right or wrong , point here is to convince the CW. It has been seen in recent past that many applicants have been declined because of this.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:18 pm

TSP,
If HO has confirmed it's ok not to send irrelavant pages of the form, then it's fine. Your case might be delayed for a different reason then.

tsp wrote:
kmore97 wrote:I think u sud have sent all pages of the form - no need to fill up the non-applicable pages though.

Hi Kmore,

mm - interesting, Do you think, does it make any difference. I have asked the HO before sending it, they said, dont have to send the irrelavant pages.

Since my application is getting delayed - i m really worried what to do now, any sugesstion

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:21 pm

TSP when did u say u sent the application?

headley

Post by headley » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:24 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D Good News all I got my docs just now. I just got home and saw a big brown envelop on my carpet. Guess what? No one signed for my docs. Royal mail just pushed it through the mail hole. No-one was home so I guess they figured because its a flat with a mail hole then it would be safe.

Here are my updated details. BTW Big thank you to everyone in the forum.
headley WP to Tier 1 with HSMP Letter
SENT APPLICATION: April 29
HO RECEIVED APPLI: April 30
REFERENCE LETTER RECEIVED: May 6
Called HO: May 28 told not assigned to case worker yet.
APPROVAL: Letter dated May 30 valid for 3yrs till 2011.
DOCS RECEIVED: June 12

To everyone still waiting. I wish you all the very best of luck.

Remember, keep hope alive everyone. Your time will come soon even when times may look sad. I have been hoping and hoping everyday and finally my time has come so too will yours.
Stay positive everyone.

Big thank you again to everyone in forum.

headley