ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS option

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal16
Newly Registered

UKVCAS option

Post by arsenal16 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi, just got my wifes ILR so now applying for naturalisation.

Have got to the bit where it asks me to select which service I want out of:

- New service
- Existing service

I want the new service so I can go to a UKVCAS centre and get a quick decision like I did with the ILR application however if I select new service, it only gives me this option:

Standard service : pay 1349.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 6 months after attending their biometrics appointment

If I select Existing Service which is the older postal option, it gives me this option:

Standard service : pay 1330.00 GBP in total, most people get a decision within 6 months

This is confusing me as both options say 6 months. The new service is only £19.20 more then the standard service which doesn't seem right. When I did my ILR I paid an extra £600 to use the new service!

Please can anyone advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS option

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:51 pm

I want the new service so I can go to a UKVCAS centre and get a quick decision like I did with the ILR application however if I select new service, it only gives me this option:
There is no 'quick decision' route 'like ILR' for citizenship.
Standard service : pay 1349.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 6 months after attending their biometrics appointment
This allows you to keep hold of your original documents and passport. There is no change in the processing times for citizenship applications. It is only the submission process that has changed.
If I select Existing Service which is the older postal option, it gives me this option:

Standard service : pay 1330.00 GBP in total, most people get a decision within 6 months
You have to post the originals to HO and you get them back shortly before or around the same time as the approval/rejection letter.
This is confusing me as both options say 6 months. The new service is only £19.20 more then the standard service which doesn't seem right. When I did my ILR I paid an extra £600 to use the new service!
You are NOT applying for a 'visa' under immigration rules. You are applying under the Nationality LAWS, which have different requirements and checks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Thank you for the fast response, I understand it's a nationality application and not a visa one, however I thought there would be a similar option with regards to the process like the ILR application.

So basically I can still choose the new service which ONLY means I don't have to post the documents, but the overall application will take the same time (ie up to 6 months)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Thank you for the fast response, I understand it's a nationality application and not a visa one, however I thought there would be a similar option with regards to the process like the ILR application.
There is not unfortunately.
So basically I can still choose the new service which ONLY means I don't have to post the documents, but the overall application will take the same time (ie up to 6 months)?
Correct. Yes, some applications take a couple of months, others take 6 months and some members are waiting over a year already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 pm

That's great thanks for clearing that up.

My circumstances are very straightforward so all of my applications have been granted quickly so hopefully be the same for this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 pm

arsenal16 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 pm
That's great thanks for clearing that up.

My circumstances are very straightforward so all of my applications have been granted quickly so hopefully be the same for this.
Don't assume anything with citizenship applications. We have one user, who applied in 2016 and up until mid last year was still waiting, also straightforward etc with good immigration record, no PCNs or FPNs, high earner etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arsenal16
Newly Registered

Post by arsenal16 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Sounds scary, actually just remembered I did do a FLR application which dragged and after 8 months with no reply I wrote a stern letter to HO threatening legal action and suddenly had my application granted 2 weeks later!