ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkish worker visa applied for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Turkish worker visa applied for ILR

Post by Blaster87 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading almost everything on this website and I found everything very useful as, I learned so much information however, I couldn't find any topic regarding a Turkish worker visa holder applying for ILR. I just would like ask if anyone has applied for ILR under the ECAA 4 category ? HO received my application on 18/02/2018 however I some questions regarding my application as it bothers me all the time. Any reply would be so much appericated.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Turkish worker visa applied for ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:55 am

I assume most people here will not be familiar with the route, including me. However there is a published guide from UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:34 am

Thank you for your reply Zimba. I have read the guideline however, I am just very concerned about unpaid income tax if it would be an issue as, I am a full time employee due to changing jobs in previous years I owe tax to hmrc. I have read the topics however, I could only see some comments for self employment tax issues. Also, 3 months of my payslips from 2018 were paid in cash and, I didn't put those monthly salaries into my bank account, only for those 3 months 😭. The rest has been paid into my account. I am not sure whether they will pick this up

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 pm

How do you owe taxes ?? Has HMRC demanded taxes you owe them to be paid ?
Being paid in cash by an employer is perfectly fine as long as the employer paid your taxes via PAYE. That is your employer's responsibility.
For self employment income, you must declare it via self assessment and pay the taxes yourself.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm

I changed jobs in previous years and handed over my p45 to the new employers however, they must have done something wrong with my tax code so, I ended up owing some taxes in different years ( 345, 190 and 188 pounds ) I spoke to hm revenue several times and, they even said it wasn't my fault. Anyway, I paid everything as soon as I was informed by hm revenue. In 2016, They said it was going to be collected through my tax code by reducing it so, I didn't need to do anything however, I got a letter a month ago ( after 3 years )saying they can't collect it through my tax code and I have to to pay in full for the owned amount that belongs to 2016...if they can't collect it through my tax code then, why they didn't inform me at that time so, I could pay rather than receiving a letter after 3 years saying I still owe them..I am very concerned that HO might refuse my application due to not paying tax on time even though it wasn't my fault...sorry for the long explanation ☺️

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: ILR application queries

Post by Blaster87 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask a question regarding my recent ILR application. When I was filling in the form online I mistakenly didn't add one work place that I used to work from 2009 to 2014 July. I applied as a Turkish worker being and working under this category for the last 5 years so, they will consider it from 2014 onwards, I couldn't remember I left this work place in July 2014 as,I didn't have any paperwork because it was part time only. I had a full time job at the same time which I submitted but, I forgot to mention the part time work.I know HO swill see this from hm revenue and they will also notice that I didn't add this work place in the application therefore, I am very concerned they might refuse the application thinking that I did this deliberately...

Can I please get some comments on my current stressful matter...

Thank you in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Please do not post questions regarding your ILR on other posts :!:
You should be fine as far as I see it as mistakes do happen. I assume that your already paid the taxes owed to the HMRC and settled it

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Blaster87 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 am

Thanks. I wasn't sure which topic I had to post. Thank you for your reply..I hope it will be fine.

Blaster87
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: ILR application queries

Post by Blaster87 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Blaster87 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask a question regarding my recent ILR application. When I was filling in the form online I mistakenly didn't add one work place that I used to work from 2009 to 2014 July. I applied as a Turkish worker being and working under this category for the last 5 years so, they will consider it from 2014 onwards, I couldn't remember I left this work place in July 2014 as,I didn't have any paperwork because it was part time only. I had a full time job at the same time which I submitted but, I forgot to mention the part time work.I know HO swill see this from hm revenue and they will also notice that I didn't add this work place in the application therefore, I am very concerned they might refuse the application thinking that I did this deliberately...

Can I please get some comments on my current stressful matter...

Thank you in advance
Hi everyone,

Could I please get some advice/ information regarding my question as it's really bothering me and can't find any answer on other websites..

Thank you in advance..