ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cohabitation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newguy
Newly Registered

Proof of cohabitation

Post by Newguy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi there i am new to this forum and have a few questions i hope someone could answer.Ill be brief.In 2000 i came to uk on a working holiday and met my spouse.In the end of 2002 my visa ran out. I returned back to south africa. 4 months later i returned as a visitor and after 3 months got married to my partner.I submitted a apllication and my passport and everything they asked with it.they sent a letter saying the apllication has been accepted but cant be decided immediatly and while being decided i can stay here in the category that i came as ie a visitor.Now after years of frustation and numerous letters,calls ,emails and even writing to the compliant department i have received a letter asking for 8 years proof and letters some with joint names.i have council tax letters dating back to 2002.I want to know i they would accept a stamped computer printout from council indicating that i have been residing at the adress for the past 8 years.Also they have asked me how i have spent my time here. I finnished a 3year partime city&guilds course in electrical installation. Can i mention that or will it affect any decision.
Thank you very much

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of cohabitation

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Newguy wrote:Hi there i am new to this forum and have a few questions i hope someone could answer.Ill be brief.In 2000 i came to uk on a working holiday and met my spouse.In the end of 2002 my visa ran out. I returned back to south africa. 4 months later i returned as a visitor and after 3 months got married to my partner.I submitted a apllication and my passport and everything they asked with it.they sent a letter saying the apllication has been accepted but cant be decided immediatly and while being decided i can stay here in the category that i came as ie a visitor.Now after years of frustation and numerous letters,calls ,emails and even writing to the compliant department i have received a letter asking for 8 years proof and letters some with joint names.i have council tax letters dating back to 2002.I want to know i they would accept a stamped computer printout from council indicating that i have been residing at the adress for the past 8 years.Also they have asked me how i have spent my time here. I finnished a 3year partime city&guilds course in electrical installation. Can i mention that or will it affect any decision.
Thank you very much

Were you an overstayer at anytime in the UK up till your return as a visitor in 2002? What nationality is your partner?

Newguy
Newly Registered

Post by Newguy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Off the top off my head i returned within a few days of the visa expiring.As the home office has my passport i cannot tell the exact dates.my partner is a british citizen.thanks