ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tommiered
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child citizenship application

Post by tommiered » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Hi everyone
Quick question I and my son just got ILR notification email after applying yesterday and want to apply fornaturalisation. Story is his mum died very early on and I’m now married to his new mum who is British. I want to make head start on filling naturalisation forms as i need to travel in like 6 monthsCan we both apply together now that we have ILR ?I can apply straight away as my wife is British but does that mean he has to wait till he’s held ILR for a year?He is 10 years old and my wife is in loco parentis over him as she holds parental responsibility from the courts

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:45 am

He can apply when you apply. You need to wait for your brp cards though.

You also need to make sure you meet all the 3 year residence requitments, including physically present in the UK 3 years ago on the same date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tommiered
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child citizenship application

Post by tommiered » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks very much Appreciate you guys on here