ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP from employer - Name issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinaawas
Newly Registered

WP from employer - Name issue

Post by vinaawas » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi All,

My wife's employer would be applying for her WP very soon. However, there is an issue with the name. Her name on passport is her before marriage (say A B) whereas the name in the organization is post marriage (say A C). Now the concerns are:

1. In what name, the WP and the visa would be issued ? (before marriage or after marriage)

2. She checked with couple of sources and they said whichever name the WP & visa is issued, she just need to carry original Marriage certificate if someone asks for it. Are they right and would MC suffice?

Please reply to my concerns at the earliest as this is a very common issue faced by quite many people?

Regards

N.B. The problem is she do not have enough time left to apply for name change in the passport through normal process as it will take couple of weeks to get processed.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: WP from employer - Name issue

Post by gotcha » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:23 pm

vinaawas wrote:Hi All,

My wife's employer would be applying for her WP very soon. However, there is an issue with the name. Her name on passport is her before marriage (say A B) whereas the name in the organization is post marriage (say A C). Now the concerns are:

1. In what name, the WP and the visa would be issued ? (before marriage or after marriage)

2. She checked with couple of sources and they said whichever name the WP & visa is issued, she just need to carry original Marriage certificate if someone asks for it. Are they right and would MC suffice?

Please reply to my concerns at the earliest as this is a very common issue faced by quite many people?

Regards

N.B. The problem is she do not have enough time left to apply for name change in the passport through normal process as it will take couple of weeks to get processed.
Ask her employer to apply for WP using her mainden name.

vinaawas
Newly Registered

Post by vinaawas » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks gotcha......will ask her to do the same....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:20 pm

I agree. The VISA will be stamped on the Passport and will have the same name as is there on the passport.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 am

Passport!. This was not a complex issue to ponder.