ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent visa of my wife and 2 kids - HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dnshah2k

Post by dnshah2k » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 pm

:? hi
I am currently working in uk under HSMP visa for last 8 months , i have enough balance in my account , i have confirmed job with designation of senior IT consultant even i have already deposited the reuired amount in my wife's account in india, now i want to apply for the visa of my wife and 2 child of 9 yrs. I am confused what knid of accomodation i will require
Do i need double bed or studio or 1 bed will be sufficient?

can anyone guide me?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Do a seaarch in the forum for accomoodation, there are several discussions on the subject
'In everything give thanks'

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:26 pm

1. Start here for information regarding Entry Clearance Guidance on maintenance and accommodation requirements.
2. For application procedures in India and fees, see VFS website
3. Search the forum for loads of information already available regarding dependent applications.

regards

dnshah2k

Post by dnshah2k » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:34 am

Hi sushdmehta

Thnx,

Im bit confused with the comments there, so I would like to just confirm whether i had understood correctly or not?

I looked into the EC guidence which specifies, a couple need 1 room (more than 50 sq. feet) if you have chile below 10 Yrs. they consider half a person so for my two kids it will be 1 person and we 2 so total 3 person , for this 3 person giude says you need 2 rooms (both should be more than 50 sq, feet), The housing Act says 2 rooms considers living room and bedroom as 2 rooms provided both are more than 50 Sq. feet area. so if i rent 1 bedroom , 1 reception and 1 Spam flat then is this sufficient?

secondly whatever i understood is correct or not?

please help me with this as you already helpded me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Please bear in mind that a child aged 1-10 years counts as only half a person. Assuming your children fall in the mentioned age group when the dependent EC application is submitted, my limited understanding of the guidance suggests that you should be fine with renting a 1 bedroom, 1 living room accommodation.

Some sort of evidence to confirm that the rooms meet the 50 sq. ft. requirement will be helpful. For example, a letter from landlord confirming the size of the rooms.

regards