ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Need English Language Requirement for Tier 1 entrepreneur dependant

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yang_81

Urgent Help Need English Language Requirement for Tier 1 entrepreneur dependant

Post by yang_81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:15 am

Hi, everyone
I am very confusing about English language requirement for PBS dependant visa. My father got initial PBS dependant visa on 2011, and the second PBS dependant extension visa on 2014, and the third extension visa on 2016. There were no English language requirement in all three applications. Now, he wants to apply the fourth extension, does he need CEFR A1 certificate? Or he need A2? He is in 64, not turn 65 yet.
If anyone could help please? Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent Help Need English Language Requirement for Tier 1 entrepreneur dependant

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:41 am

What is the visa status of main applicant? If tier 1 entrepreneur then both must have been eligible for ILR after completing 5 years where B1 level of English test along with life in uk test will be required.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

yang_81

Re: Urgent Help Need English Language Requirement for Tier 1 entrepreneur dependant

Post by yang_81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks seagul,
The main applicant was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and get ILR now. The dependant also qualifies for 5 years, but life in the UK test is too difficult for him, so he needs get one more extension, and next year he will be 65, and he will apply ILR without English language requirement and life in the UK test. So my question is for PBS dependant extension, does he need get English language certificate, if yes, A1 or A2.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:01 pm

yang_81 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 am
Thanks seagul,
The main applicant was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and get ILR now. The dependant also qualifies for 5 years, but life in the UK test is too difficult for him, so he needs get one more extension, and next year he will be 65, and he will apply ILR without English language requirement and life in the UK test. So my question is for PBS dependant extension, does he need get English language certificate, if yes, A1 or A2.
Thanks
There is NO English requirement for PBS Dependents applying for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yang_81

Post by yang_81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks CR001,
Does he need no criminal record certificate?
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm

yang_81 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm
Thanks CR001,
Does he need no criminal record certificate?
Regards
Unlikely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yang_81

Post by yang_81 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi CR001,
On PBS dependant policy guidance Page 5 wrote as below:
The following applicants are required to provide a criminal record certificate:
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant,
• Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,
• Tier 2 (General) entry clearance applicants coming to work in the education, health
and social care sectors; and
• the adult partner ( spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner) of a PBS migrants in the categories above, where that partner is applying for entry clearance as a PBS dependant either with the main application or to join them subsequently.
17. Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to their application, while aged 18 or over.
Therefore, I think the criminal record certificate is required.
please correct me if I m wrong.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:55 am

yang_81 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 pm
Hi CR001,
On PBS dependant policy guidance Page 5 wrote as below:
The following applicants are required to provide a criminal record certificate:
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant,
• Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,
• Tier 2 (General) entry clearance applicants coming to work in the education, health
and social care sectors; and
• the adult partner ( spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner) of a PBS migrants in the categories above, where that partner is applying for entry clearance as a PBS dependant either with the main application or to join them subsequently.
17. Certificates must be provided for any country in which the adult partner has been present in for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years prior to their application, while aged 18 or over.
Therefore, I think the criminal record certificate is required.
please correct me if I m wrong.
Thanks
You are quoting a para related to ENTRY CLEARANCE visas.

You have stated in your FIRST post, that it is an EXTENSION, so presumably the applicant is in the UK.
yang_81 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:15 am
Hi, everyone
I am very confusing about English language requirement for PBS dependant visa. My father got initial PBS dependant visa on 2011, and the second PBS dependant extension visa on 2014, and the third extension visa on 2016. There were no English language requirement in all three applications. Now, he wants to apply the fourth extension, does he need CEFR A1 certificate? Or he need A2? He is in 64, not turn 65 yet.
If anyone could help please? Thanks in advance
Char (CR001 not Casa)

yang_81

Post by yang_81 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks CR001
You are right, he will apply extension in the UK, so he does not need criminal record certificate.
Thanks again:)

yang_81

Tier 2 Dependent / PBS Dependent Health Surcharge

Post by yang_81 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi CR001, Again it's me and looking for help for similar issue as below:
HelloWorld2019 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:05 am
Hey Everyone,

I need some help regarding PBS Tier 2 Dependent visa.

Currently applying for my wife tier 2 extension. I moved to ILR last year and it expires in 2024. My wife's visa expires on 25th Feb 2019, she is eligible for ILR in April 2022.

My Questions are:

1- When I go to the part where I have to pay ihs, shall i write my visa expiry date as Feb 2022 as it brings the IHS down to 1200 pounds. If i write my official ilr expiry date it comes to 2400 pounds?

2- Is there a way for her to get her next visa till April 2022? I moved to ILR from Tier 2 (upto 3 years) route - can I apply for over 3 years for her?

Thanks.
My mother got ILR in 2016 on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) 5 year route, so on IHS website, should I still choose Tier 1 entrepreneur extension 2 year for my father who would apply for PBS Dependant visa extension?

My mother's ILR will be valid till Dec 2024, if I put that date, my father needs to pay £2400 for IHS fee. Can I put expire date a bit earlier in order to save on IHS fee? If yes, will that be treat as deception?

How many years extension will the home office give my father?

Looking forward the hearing from you, and many many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent / PBS Dependent Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:30 pm

It will be a 3 year extension. You cannot choose a lesser time.

Put ILR expiry date 3 years ahead and IHS will come to the correct amount of £1200.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:00 am

Please do not tag your questions onto other members topic. I have moved your post and my response to your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

yang_81

Post by yang_81 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 pm

sorry, I will remember next time and thanks for your advice:)