ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Set M) Employer Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pixelpenguin
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR (Set M) Employer Letter

Post by pixelpenguin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 am

Hi,

I am an American applying under Set M. We both earn over the financial requirement but we will be using my wife's (sponsors) financials because she has regular payslips/P60 etc whereas I am self employed.

Re employer letter - she got a raise in December from £48,000 to £55,000 - not a promotion but just part of a yearly base salary increase. Her employer will issue a financial reference that fulfils all requirements except addressing to the raise:

The documents for ILR mention the letter must state "4. the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application;"

Her employer will only issue standard financial references that states:
'her annual salary is £55,000 as of Dec 2018' with no reference to previous salary or they can put no date at all and just state annual salary. They already included start date, employment type etc. They will sign 6 months of payslips in addition to this.

Is it enough to show she has always been over the financial requirement? Or should she insist that they include previous salary? UKBA will have 12 month of payslips (6 signed), bank statements and p60 to verify her previous salary.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (Set M) Employer Letter

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:57 pm

She should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pixelpenguin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by pixelpenguin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks. Do you know if I still have to submit any of my statements/proof of work as the applicant for any reason if we are using my wife's financials to fulfil the requirement?

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Dear pixelpenguin,
Welcome and thanks for posting! We are on the same track and timing it seems so will watch this space with interest. FWIW my husband (British) has the exact same issue. He works for such a huge company they will only do a standard letter.
Good luck!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:58 pm

pixelpenguin wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm
Thanks. Do you know if I still have to submit any of my statements/proof of work as the applicant for any reason if we are using my wife's financials to fulfil the requirement?
You should not need that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:07 pm

pixelpenguin wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm
As far as we're aware you don't have to and we aren't planning on it (I'm the applicant and don't make much, spouse sponsor income is more than enough). I'd be curious if any mods etc have a different answer though!

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:08 pm

I can see the other reply now - despite my refreshing the page/thread. Seems ok!