ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help urgent! Variation from FLRM to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kthuphuong
Newly Registered
Vietnam

I need help urgent! Variation from FLRM to ILR

Post by Kthuphuong » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Dear Senior members. My details are as follows:

5 year partner route for me (applicant) and my 12 years old son (dependant) from inside the UK.

- My lTR visa (2nd extension) expired 31/01/2019.
- Missing Life in the UK test so I applied for FLRM - Online Apllication submitted 31/01/2019. Application fees for me and dependant paid. IHS fees paid. (Over £4k total)
- New service appointment at UKVAS on 12/02/2019 - standard service, documents scanned by myself before this appointment. Biometric done and documents verification done on that day.
- 19/02/2019. I’ve now got Life in the UK pass certification.

Now i want to vary FLRM application to ILR application. My questions are:
1) I will draft a Cover letter to vary my application and then apply for ILR online. Where can i send the Cover variation letter? Should i attach with the new online application for ILR?
2) Is it the only way that i could apply for new application ILR by online or could i apply by post? I reckon that i will have to pay for ILR application fees when submited online (another £4k)
3) How long will i get the refund for the Application fees for FLRM application.
4) Will i have the refund for IHS fees and if yes how long will it take?
I appreciate your help on my circumstances. I am really stress overall and dont know what exactly to do.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: I need help urgent! Variation from FLRM to ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 am

1) I will draft a Cover letter to vary my application and then apply for ILR online. Where can i send the Cover variation letter? Should i attach with the new online application for ILR?
You apply for ILR as normal and attached the letter
2) Is it the only way that i could apply for new application ILR by online or could i apply by post? I reckon that i will have to pay for ILR application fees when submited online (another £4k)
It is now online and you must pay all the fees online

We do not know how long the refund may take
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kthuphuong
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Kthuphuong » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi Zimba

Thanks for your kindly advice. I am now struggling with the fees if i will go ahead with ILR variation application. I know for sure that i will get the full refund on the Application fees for current FLRM but could you please advise if i will get the IHS refund as well? I will have to use the Credit card to pay for the Variation ILR and i really hope i know about the refunds so i can decide if i can go ahead.

Many thanks
Katy

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:14 am

You will NOT get a refund for IHS when you vary to ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kthuphuong
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Kthuphuong » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:49 am

Hi Zimba

Can i ask if you know this is a new rule? As i saw members in this forum got IHS refund in 2018 when they varying application.

Thanks again for your kindly help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:30 am