ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UnidentifiableK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Decision made

Post by UnidentifiableK » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Hey guys,

Just a little confused and angry too. Would like some help if possible.
Basically we applied for my fiance to come to the UK on a settlement visa back in October 2018. She had her biometrics done in November 2018 and I had a telephone interview with an advisor in December.. everything seemed to be running smoothly till january this year. I called them for an update at the end of the month and was advised that a decision had been made on 28th January and just to wait for the passport which can take possibly 2 weeks. The advisor one the phone wasn't able to give an exact time frame. I again called on Friday evening to be told that a decision was made on the 14th February.
Now thats got me thinking have they made an error or have they reconsidered the application or what?? I just don't know. I'm sick of waiting as it gone past the 90 day mark and just getting my self and my parter really anxious now. Just don't know what to think.

Does anyone know how long it can actually take to get the passport back?
Do you know if the home office get the passport or does it stay with vfs?
We're contemplating on whether she should just ring the vfs centre in bangladesh and ask if they've receieved her passport.
Any help/advice will be much appreciated guys.

Regards
K