ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much does the average immigration lawyer charge to prepare your citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

voyager1
Mood:
Bahrain

How much does the average immigration lawyer charge to prepare your citizenship application

Post by voyager1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:57 pm

How much does the average immigration lawyer charge to take on a persons citizenship application? I was qouted a thousand pounds by one immigration lawyer for him to prepare,submit and complete(obviously I have to fill out my personal details on the form) the whole process for me, is a thousand pounds reasonable? Or is it excessive?

He also said that it would probably take a year before I get my citizenship, does it take that long after the application is submitted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How much does the average immigration lawyer charge to prepare your citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:04 pm

A solicitor is not really required for a straightforward UKM application as your case appears to be provided you have all the documentary evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Re: How much does the average immigration lawyer charge to prepare your citizenship application

Post by joeano353 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Immigration lawyers are a rip off. The form is lengthy but a lot of sections are not for everybody. In case you have a doubt, you should post your question here and you should get a response fairly quickly. With the experience of the moderators you will be guided well.
Dont waste your money. BTW the guidelines say 6 months and it is often only 3-4 months. Only if there are any security issues or previous immigration problems is it delayed. The fact that he says 1 year itself should tell you that he is lying.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 pm

joeano353 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:46 pm
Immigration lawyers are a rip off. The form is lengthy but a lot of sections are not for everybody. In case you have a doubt, you should post your question here and you should get a response fairly quickly. With the experience of the moderators you will be guided well.
Dont waste your money. BTW the guidelines say 6 months and it is often only 3-4 months. Only if there are any security issues or previous immigration problems is it delayed. The fact that he says 1 year itself should tell you that he is lying.
The user is applying on form UKM abroad and not form AN within the UK.

UKM is completely different to form AN and does usually take longer as it is claim to citizenship through descent and being born to a British mother who is British by descent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.