ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Accommodation Proof Issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

String
Newly Registered

Restart / Edit Online FLR(M) Form

Post by String » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:44 pm

Hey guys,

I am the sponsor (a British national) and my wife is the applicant. We are in the process of sorting out our spouse renewal visa.

She created an account in order to fill in the form online (FLR(M)) but there were certain answers to questions which we thought we would put a temp answer in order to move on and get all the clean and obvious parts of the form completed. We thought we could go back and edit the answers before submitting. Much the same way you self assessment tax return works).

Anyway, for some reason (I suspect a buggy system) we can't edit any answers. Or there is no option to do so. We haven't paid any fees at all or submitted anything.

Does anybody have any experience of this? It seems very strange you can't go back through the form and edit any answers.

Is it possible/advisable to simply start again and create a new account using a different email address? (I'm hoping this is possible if all else fails.)

Thanks a lot guys.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Restart / Edit Online FLR(M) Form

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:44 pm

Is it possible/advisable to simply start again and create a new account using a different email address? (I'm hoping this is possible if all else fails.)
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

String
Newly Registered

Re: Restart / Edit Online FLR(M) Form

Post by String » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks CR001

String
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Accommodation Proof Issue

Post by String » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Hey Guys

I am the sponsor (a British national) and my wife is the applicant. We are in the process of sorting out our spouse renewal visa.

The only part of the application which is proving difficult is the accommodation section.

The house we live in is a family home (all family members) and we both live there and have lived there together for the last 4 years.

The title deeds to the property are currently in an estranged family members name and ownership is the subject of a family dispute.

In reality, a family member who we live with is the full owner of the house due to the way the finances were sorted at the time of purchase. But we don't have proof of this without opening up a complicated can of worms which is way beyond the scope of a case worker.

Getting a letter of permission from the estranged family member is out of the question.

The family member who lives with us is more than capable and happy to write a permission letter and submit ID but we don't have solid proof she owns the home even though she does. We may be able to get a solicitors letter which outlines the facts and shows her right to permit us to live in the home.

So...

1. Do you have any advice regarding what to do in this situation regarding supplying documentation?

2. It may be possible we don't have to supply any documentation due to...

You only need to provide this evidence if...
You are exempt from meeting the income threshold
You are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax

So, the only bill in my wife's name for this property is the water rates (and the payments come out of her bank account which we need to submit statements for). We put this in her name to add to our evidence of habitation and thought it would be good evidence. In reality, she doesn't actually pay for this and the money is given back to her via other arrangements (but its not documented).

So do 'housing costs' as written on the form stretch to running costs like utility bills? If so, would it be a plan to move the water rates to my name even though those payments have come out of her account which will be submitted?

Any advice is gratefully received. Its the only snaggle for us. Everything else is fine and good to go.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Accommodation Proof Issue

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:17 pm

String wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:07 pm
Hey Guys

The only part of the application which is proving difficult is the accommodation section.

The house we live in is a family home (all family members) and we both live there and have lived there together for the last 4 years.

The title deeds to the property are currently in an estranged family members name and ownership is the subject of a family dispute.

In reality, a family member who we live with is the full owner of the house due to the way the finances were sorted at the time of purchase. But we don't have proof of this without opening up a complicated can of worms which is way beyond the scope of a case worker.

Getting a letter of permission from the estranged family member is out of the question.

The family member who lives with us is more than capable and happy to write a permission letter and submit ID but we don't have solid proof she owns the home even though she does. We may be able to get a solicitors letter which outlines the facts and shows her right to permit us to live in the home.

So...

1. Do you have any advice regarding what to do in this situation regarding supplying documentation?

2. It may be possible we don't have to supply any documentation due to...

You are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax

So, the only bill in my wife's name for this property is the water rates (and the payments come out of her bank account which we need to submit statements for). We put this in her name to add to our evidence of habitation and thought it would be good evidence. In reality, she doesn't actually pay for this and the money is given back to her via other arrangements (but its not documented).

So do 'housing costs' as written on the form stretch to running costs like utility bills? If so, would it be a plan to move the water rates to my name even though those payments have come out of her account which will be submitted?

Any advice is gratefully received. Its the only snaggle for us. Everything else is fine and good to go.

Thanks.
Apart of accomodation requirement there is another requirement of proof of cohabitation where you both will have to attach 6 piece of documents if in joint names otherwise 12 relating to the last two years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Apart of accomodation requirement there is another requirement of proof of cohabitation where you both will have to attach 6 piece of documents if in joint names otherwise 12 relating to the last two years.
Hi. Thanks

Yes I’m aware of this and it’s not a problem to supply these documents.

I’m more concerned about whether or not we have to supply the proof of accommodation documents.

This seems to boil down to whether or not “housing costs” in the forms words would include water bill. This is only thing in my wife’s name. The examples they give are council tax, mortgage and rent. Not utility bills. But it’s not clear.

Thanks again.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am

I realize the above situation might be a tad complex and require bespoke advice.

So I can form a complete picture and work out a way forward, what would be your opinion on the accommodation evidence section...

From the form...

Would water bill be considered 'Housing costs' to the case worker?

If so... Considering my wife has to submit bank statements which show this amount taken out... would it make a difference if we remove her from the water bill now so at the time of application (in 5 weeks) she is not responsible for any bill whatsoever. (even though she previously was)

Many thanks for any thoughts.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm

String wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am
I realize the above situation might be a tad complex and require bespoke advice.

So I can form a complete picture and work out a way forward, what would be your opinion on the accommodation evidence section...

From the form...

Would water bill be considered 'Housing costs' to the case worker?

If so... Considering my wife has to submit bank statements which show this amount taken out... would it make a difference if we remove her from the water bill now so at the time of application (in 5 weeks) she is not responsible for any bill whatsoever. (even though she previously was)

Many thanks for any thoughts.

I think you are confusing yourself with adequate maintenance where sponsor meet the financial requirement through public funds and has to shows outgoings too. But you seems like a self employed where HO never want to see your outgoings /housing costs.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 pm

I think you are confusing yourself with adequate maintenance where sponsor meet the financial requirement through public funds and has to shows outgoings too. But you seems like a self employed where HO never want to see your outgoings /housing costs.
Thanks Seagul.

Possibly. Although we meet the financial requirements without any public funds.

Going through the online form, my wife (the applicant) put her salary in and its over the threshold so they never asked for my income or any other sources of income. The form just progressed.

The Wrinkle came on the section where it asks for accommodation proof. We live with family. The application will NOT let you progress without stating you will supply 3 pieces of documentation but in the same paragraph gives conditions where this will NOT be necessary. I believe we fit these conditions and do not need to supply accommodation proof. But as the form is buggy we need to select we will supply them before it lets us continue. It's very confusing and frustrating.

As stated above, it would make it much easier for us not to have to provide this evidence.

My wife pays for no housing costs. Only the water bill which is on her bank statements which we need to send in. Having read through guidance notes I am now 95% sure housing costs (in the forms words) does not include utility bills. It refers to mortgage, rent or council tax. Not running costs.

If anyone can concur?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 pm

String wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:59 pm
seagul wrote:

Thanks Seagul.

My wife pays for no housing costs. Only the water bill which is on her bank statements which we need to send in. Having read through guidance notes I am now 95% sure housing costs (in the forms words) does not include utility bills. It refers to mortgage, rent or council tax. Not running costs.

If anyone can concur?
As stated above that if either of you earning sufficiently then HO won't be interested in any of your outgoings (expenses). And online forms non-applicants can't see but one member recently got success by simply uploading his council tax without any tenancy agreement/mortgage statement/title deed to meet the accomodation requirement. But not sure whether will it fit in your case too.

String
Newly Registered

Post by String » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 pm
String wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thanks Seagul.

If anyone can concur?
As stated above that if either of you earning sufficiently then HO won't be interested in any of your outgoings (expenses). And online forms non-applicants can't see but one member recently got success by simply uploading his council tax without any tenancy agreement/mortgage statement/title deed to meet the accomodation requirement. But not sure whether will it fit in your case too.
I see, thanks.

Council tax is in another family members name.

The most confusing part of the application is that it states clearly conditions on which the documents are NOT necessary to submit yet it won't let you progress unless you state you will supply them.

The evidence comes under accommodation proof not the financial proof section. Is it the case that if you earn sufficiently, they are not bothered as much about providing accommodation proof? Other than the addressed correspondence evidence to prove you live there.

My wife (the applicant) earns above the threshold so maybe that should do it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:46 pm

String wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:31 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 pm
String wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thanks Seagul.

If anyone can concur?
I see, thanks.

Council tax is in another family members name.

The most confusing part of the application is that it states clearly conditions on which the documents are NOT necessary to submit yet it won't let you progress unless you state you will supply them.

The evidence comes under accommodation proof not the financial proof section. Is it the case that if you earn sufficiently, they are not bothered as much about providing accommodation proof? Other than the addressed correspondence evidence to prove you live there.

My wife (the applicant) earns above the threshold so maybe that should do it.
I don't think that if you earning sufficiently then they wont check that whether you have got adequate accommodation. If you are facing accommodation issue then preferably change it asap to meet the visa requirement.