ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Incy
United Kingdom

Fiance to spouse visa

Post by Incy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi all

My partner got his fiance visa on 21/12/18 and moved in with me on 29/12/18.
We are getting married next week so are starting to get our documents ready for the spouse visa application.
The lawyers we used when applying for the fiance visa done us a deal which included the spouse visa application when we were ready, but they have closed and told us that our case will now be dealt with a different firm. We have been in contact with them, it is the same lawyer as before, just working under the new firm, but they seem to very reluctant to continue to support us, initially telling us that they were waiting for the file to be transferred to the 'new' office and now not replying to emails. We are considering using someone else, but until we make that decision we are going to just start getting documents that we know are required ready.

We know that the documents required for the spouse visa are very similar to the ones we prepared for the fiance visa, but without being able to get any support from our lawyer at the moment, we are wondering about a few things and was hoping that someone reading this has gone from fiance to spouse visa and can offer some advice.

1) Property inspection report was done in October 2018. Can we use the same report or would it better to get an up to date one?

2) Proof of employment letter is dated September 2018. Is this going to be acceptable or should I get an up to date one?

3) All my banking is done online and when requesting bank statements for the fiance visa, the ones I received weren't on bank stationary or stamped to verify they were from the bank. When I asked the bank if they could print them on bank stationary or stamp them, they refused, so I got a letter from the branch manager verifying my account etc. This is dated October 2018, again, can this be used or will I have to try and get the bank to write another one?

4) Proving a subsisting relationship relationship was pretty easy for the fiance visa, we had pages and pages of message logs which we took screenshots of. However, as we are living together obviously we aren't using Whatsapp or Facebook to message each other as much. Also we haven't really been out or done much since he moved in due to weather and my work. Just wondering what others have done in this situation.

5) Proving we are living together is tricky, as he is unable to work and all my bills are online, we don't really have anything with his name and our address on. I have contacted the council and requested his name to be added to the council tax bill, but we haven't had any confirmation this has happened and no bill has been sent out yet. What would be the best thing to do to have some evidence that he is living with me?

Sorry for the long post.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Fiance to spouse visa

Post by physicskate » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:47 pm

Incy wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm
Hi all

1) Property inspection report was done in October 2018. Can we use the same report or would it better to get an up to date one?

2) Proof of employment letter is dated September 2018. Is this going to be acceptable or should I get an up to date one?

3) All my banking is done online and when requesting bank statements for the fiance visa, the ones I received weren't on bank stationary or stamped to verify they were from the bank. When I asked the bank if they could print them on bank stationary or stamp them, they refused, so I got a letter from the branch manager verifying my account etc. This is dated October 2018, again, can this be used or will I have to try and get the bank to write another one?

4) Proving a subsisting relationship relationship was pretty easy for the fiance visa, we had pages and pages of message logs which we took screenshots of. However, as we are living together obviously we aren't using Whatsapp or Facebook to message each other as much. Also we haven't really been out or done much since he moved in due to weather and my work. Just wondering what others have done in this situation.

5) Proving we are living together is tricky, as he is unable to work and all my bills are online, we don't really have anything with his name and our address on. I have contacted the council and requested his name to be added to the council tax bill, but we haven't had any confirmation this has happened and no bill has been sent out yet. What would be the best thing to do to have some evidence that he is living with me?

Sorry for the long post.
1) You generally don't need an inspection report. If living at the same property and all conditions are the same, there should be no reason to update it.

2) All letters/ time sensitive letters must be dated within the 28 days preceding your application. So yes - you will need a new letter as you could have left your company in the last 6 months.

3) Again, letter must be dated within 28 days of your application.

4/5) I would wait for the council tax bill to apply. In your sponsorship letter, it is fine to explain why there aren't many docs proving co-habitation. From now on, add him to all bills and turn off paperless!!! You MUST have significant evidence of cohabitation from bills for future applications, so get your bills sent to you in both names from now on.

Also, include a photo from your wedding.

Incy
United Kingdom

Post by Incy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:40 pm

physicskate wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:47 pm

1) You generally don't need an inspection report. If living at the same property and all conditions are the same, there should be no reason to update it.

2) All letters/ time sensitive letters must be dated within the 28 days preceding your application. So yes - you will need a new letter as you could have left your company in the last 6 months.

3) Again, letter must be dated within 28 days of your application.

4/5) I would wait for the council tax bill to apply. In your sponsorship letter, it is fine to explain why there aren't many docs proving co-habitation. From now on, add him to all bills and turn off paperless!!! You MUST have significant evidence of cohabitation from bills for future applications, so get your bills sent to you in both names from now on.

Also, include a photo from your wedding.
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:57 pm

You will again need the property inspection report (only if you are sharing with other non-related adults) and the landlord NOC letter not dated older than 28 days from the date of application. Don't worry about bills as initial spouse visa application doesn't need the proof of cohabitation evidences rather any document of current address will be fine but you will have to supply as many as you can the proof of subsisting relationship evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Incy
United Kingdom

Post by Incy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:57 pm
You will again need the property inspection report (only if you are sharing with other non-related adults) and the landlord NOC letter not dated older than 28 days from the date of application. Don't worry about bills as initial spouse visa application doesn't need the proof of cohabitation evidences rather any document of current address will be fine but you will have to supply as many as you can the proof of subsisting relationship evidences.
It is just me and my partner, I own the house.. Will I still need an updated inspection report?
It isn't a problem getting one done, just want to make sure we have all the right documents.

We have a few photos of us together for proof of relationship, and some facebook messages to each other when I have been at work, I will make sure they are included.
The only thing we have at the moment with my partners name and this address is just a couple of things we have ordered online in his name... I am hoping the council tax bill will be here next week.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 pm

Incy wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:28 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:57 pm
It is just me and my partner, I own the house.. Will I still need an updated inspection report?
It isn't a problem getting one done, just want to make sure we have all the right documents.

We have a few photos of us together for proof of relationship, and some facebook messages to each other when I have been at work, I will make sure they are included.
The only thing we have at the moment with my partners name and this address is just a couple of things we have ordered online in his name... I am hoping the council tax bill will be here next week.

In that situation no need of property inspection report but your mortgage statement/title deed , council tax etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.